@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dragons in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Yes @sarah-h, that’s one of the most important things about writing. Writing anything, not just something you’re not sure about. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Hey, that’s great. 😀
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I just finished my blog post. Except for formatting the dialogue.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Well I got another 437 words written. Thanks for writing with me for that last bit @anna-brie. 🙂 902 in total. I’m very happy with that.
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
*produces the many thumbs up* That’s what I’m here for! 😛 😀 @gretald
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Sorry I skipped out. Had things I had to do. I’ll write the rest of the time till 10:30 though.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Where is everybody else? Sometimes I wonder if they have an internet filter for all the really good discussions. Tough I guess I don’t mind hogging them all. *eats another cookie*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
More than I did @daeus, but I did have to do some research on kittens and stuff… 🙂 So I got 465.
@anna-brie are you continuing till 11:30??? (I am.) -
Daeus replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy I haven’t read that Jekyll-Hyde thingy. Is it a short story or a novel?
Mmm, good point about the character controlling the feel. That really is so true. Crazy us, we can get people to fall for anything. The thing is though, it really is true, just no one would ever believe it outside of fiction. Silly us. Silly people. *eats a cookie*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@anna-brie @bluejay Thanks for writing. I got 942 words of editing done. Actually pretty good for me.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh! Oh oh oh, I remembered something else I was going to say. There’s a way to take an ending that would be completely bitter and add an element of sweet into it without reducing the bitterness.
I’m thinking specifically of one of my own novels here, but there have been countless others to employ this tactic. ToTC, to name just one.
The trick is…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh! Oh oh oh, I remembered something else I was going to say. There’s a way to take an ending that would be completely bitter and add an element of sweet into it without reducing the bitterness.
I’m thinking specifically of one of my own novels here, but there have been countless to employ this tactic. ToTC, to name just one.
The trick is…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@daeus I’m here and ready. @anna-brie I can go till 11:30 if you want. That is half an hour more than what Daeus is going to do. (9 for them is 11 for us)
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Okay @Daeus I will grant you those are all very valid points. I actually do agree— the ending of tLotR really doesn’t have near as much meaning by itself as it does if you read all the trivia and history and world-building that made that departure significant. Which is too long to go into here… 😛
A good example of the bittersweet (actually…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Okay @Daeus I will grant you those are all very valid points. I actually do agree— the ending of tLotR really doesn’t have near as much meaning by itself as it does if you read all the trivia and history and world-building that made that departure significant. Which is too long to go into here… 😛
A good example of the bittersweet (actually…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Alright @anna-brie and @bluejay, @kate-flournoy, @hannah-c if you can join ……
I’m ready. Till 9 then I suppose. I’ll be editing.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I thought you would stop by here eventually @kate-flournoy.
That’s a good point how you need to make the reader tremble. The example you gave was good too. I’ve never read that book, but it sounds like the clue to the answer to the character’s problems was carefully hidden in the middle of the story. That’s smart, especially when it’s a long…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Okay, I’ll try to be there. @daeus
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@anna-brie I’ll be writing sometime tonight, but it probably won’t be for another 35 min or so.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
There are no words for the awesomeness of this topic @Daeus. I can finally unload. *rubs hands, chuckles evilly*
Actually don’t worry, I don’t think I have just tons and tons of stuff to dump off on you yet. 😉
Just a few points for now. The first being that it has to be unexpected. It has to be in some way different than the reader was…[Read more]
- Load More
