@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic NOT Knights of Light in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
So I was laying down, hoping to rest my eyes for just two minutes, when this idea popped into my head for the name for my street team and I had to get back up and write it down.
Legendaires (a combination of the word Legend and Legionnaires)
Now, what do you think. Honest opinion, everyone. Is it cool, or is it cheesy?
How about a few tags……[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic NOT Knights of Light in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
What does luxooigical even mean? 😉 I like Lightning Team…
I’ve been brainstorming words which include ‘pilgrims’, ‘warriors’, ‘soldiers’, ‘travelers’, and ‘bearers’.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
One thing which struck me while reading the beginning of this story is how sound most of the animals’ reasoning seems to be. I’ve read the book, so I know how it ends, but even knowing that, the speeches and talk about overthrowing man seems reasonable and something which would be for the greater benefit of the animals. If I were there, it would…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Yes Ingrid, I actually think you hit on one of the biggest points there. The personalities of the animals are so vibrant. Orwell doesn’t seem to miss a single opportunity to point out the personalities of a single animal. That should be a good lesson on the importance of character even above action.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus
I noticed the ‘telling’ too. It was a little hard for me to get used to at first but, I agree that it did work well.
I loved the different personalities of the animals. The pigs are the confident, highly regarded animals. The horses are strong, but not necessarily the brightest. (I think Molly especially is an interesting character.) The…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@hannah-c Ah, I wondered about that. Sneaky you.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Endings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@hannah-c Are you on wattpad? What’s your username?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Good observations.
One of the first things I noticed was how much telling there is, but how it actually works out quite well. Orwell tells the story in classic fairy tale style but yet does so with a confidence that makes it seem real. I think this is because of the strong third person style where there is never a hint of Orwell sneaking in his…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Please critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 4 months ago
@his-instrument
There is one word to describe this. Amazing.
Okay, two words. Amazing and ingenious.
WOW! This is so good! I agree with those who said they loved Cerdic’s voice. It’s perfectly hilarious. 🙂
I only noticed a few grammar mistakes, but the awesomeness of the story made up for that! 😉
Amazing, awesome, fabulous job! (Now four words.…[Read more] -
Daeus started the topic Animal Farm in the forum 10 years, 4 months ago
@christi-eaton @faithdk @gretald @belegteleri @hope @spradlin @hannah-c @sarah-h @overcomer @wordfitlyspoken @dbhgodreigns @zoe-wingfeather @hannah-olsen @writefury @anna-brie @hannah-krynicki @hislittlerose @vanna @jadamae @adry_grace @ingridrd @kate-flournoy @the-happy-bookaholic
Ladies, gentlemen, and robots scanning the web,It is with…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic NOT Knights of Light in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Street team? Oh, Book Mafia.
The Luxological Bunch
Lightning TeamOr ……………….
………………….
………………….The Illuminati. Ha Ha Ha!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Please critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 4 months ago
@his-instrument Don’t publish it online. Not for copyright reasons, but because you’ll get low-quality critiques. KP is not a good platform for long critique passages. Short ones will work, but long ones are simply way too time consuming to critique on this platform.
If you want a critique of your book, create a new thread and ask if anyone is…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Please critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 4 months ago
@his-instrument Don’t publish it online. Not for copyright reasons, but because you’ll get low-quality critiques. KP is not a good platform for long critique passages. Short ones will work, but long ones are simply way too time consuming to critique on this platform.
If you want a critique of your book, create a new thread and ask if anyone is…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann started the topic NOT Knights of Light in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Hey guys, I’m hoping to get some brainstorming help on a name, because I’m coming up blank. See, I’m planning on starting a street team on my site (basically, people can sign up to help market my books…they can join for as long as they want and they get special giveaways and things like that) but I can’t figure out a cool name. I know some…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Love it! @winter-rose
Superheroes who’s fears match their powers: one can fly and is afraid of heights; on can control water and hates swimming. (note, not my original idea, it’s from a prompt on Pinterest, but it fit here. 😉 )
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic Please critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 4 months ago
Thanks everybody! You’ve given me some good things to consider!
I do have the rest of the book written, and I may work toward publication this summer. I would love to publish the rest of it online, except that I don’t know how that would work and whether or not it would hinder my being able to publish it in print. Does anyone know anything about…[Read more] -
Anna Brie replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I had an idea suitable for this thread but I’m actually writing it.
The handsome prince is actually nothing but an enchanted toad.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Please critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 4 months ago
@his-instrument If this is a first draft, it is well done. There are a few grammatical errors and such, but not many. If I were doing a full blown edit, there are more things I would point out than I can here, but overall this story is fairly mature. One thing that confused me at first was why the narrating voice had such a modern laid back style…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writing Course in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Characterization, dialogue and narration. Possible together, though that may be a bit much. Maybe I just want something about voice, though that’s more of an individual thing that can’t be taught.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Please critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 4 months ago
I loved it. The prologue was just the right length; any longer and it would be too long but it wasn’t longer. 😉 And I absolutely love the humor. The conversation between the siblings was funny to read, but it did seem to take awhile. Also, when Cerdic asked about the food and Garawyn dumped it from her sleeve, it seemed as if he didn’t know about…[Read more]
- Load More
