@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy, @hannah-c, @bluejay Voom voom voom. Does that say enough?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
@Jadamae she’s a bit of a perfectionist… 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
For me, I think it would be the refreshing simplicity of the style coupled with the strength and complexity of the allegory. There’s always something you didn’t notice before; always something else to remark on and think over. And it doesn’t require say, two weeks of commitment. Like the Count of Monte Cristo would. 😛 It can be read through in a…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I’ve got some editing to do if anyone wants to tag along. I’ll be jumping up and down as I have stuff to do, but I’ve got some spare time to write.
@kate-flournoy, @hannah-c, @daeus, @jadamae -
BlueJay replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh and a frowny face is done with : ( 🙁
-
BlueJay replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
Sorry @emma-flournoy. Just woken up. *yawn* And yes I did know where the quote came from, but when I logged in I forgot to say. *Me and my great memory* Anyway it comes from the Hobbit and to be more precise it is when Beorn meets the dwarves and Gandalf. 🙂 Am I right?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Well, folks, now we come to the midpoint. Notice how it was in chapter 5 of ten that we hit the real turning point (or rather point of no return) where we see without any doubt that Animal Farm is sunk into despotism.
I noticed something interesting about this book that I’d like to put before the others who have read it before. I’m not the type…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
521 words edited.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@jadamae Perfect! I was planning to do the same thing. Till 3:30!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Overcomer that’s true. Come to think of it, though I was frightened of scary images (extraterrestrials, bears with huge teeth, sharks, etc.) the one thing that scared me most when my dad read us ‘Scottish Chiefs’, for instance, was Marion’s death. And it didn’t scare me because of the violence itself. It scared me because I couldn’t understand…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Jadamae ouch… *cringes*
*laughs hysterically*
*cringes again*
*stares at post*
*runs screaming from the room*
😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
bestistest
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
And @bluejay, I don’t mean it as any disparagement to you or your mom that I don’t care for the title Reckless…I’m sure you understand?
@emma-flournoy Of course. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
And @bluejay, I don’t mean it as any disparagement to you or your mom that I don’t care for the title Reckless…I’m sure you understand?
@emma-flornoy Of course. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
Not take over.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@spradlin what’s the fourth wall???
-
Rosey Mucklestone posted an update 10 years, 4 months ago
Hey, everyone! Sorry I haven’t been more active lately. 🙁 Missing all of you, though. We’re going through some hard family stuff right now and I’m just trying to keep my blog alive. So, hopefully in the near future I’ll be able to pop back on and talk with all the peeps. But right now, prayers are appreciated and you can still talk with me in my…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@overcomer hahaha! I’m sure they wouldn’t protest that… 😛
Well, I guess it would depend heavily on the child. When I was little I used to be scared of my own shadow, so I can imagine it being pretty terrifying for me, but I’ve always been the sensitive/dramatic/over-imaginative one in my family. I don’t think any of my other siblings would…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Good Kingdom Name in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
@Rolena-Hatfield this gibberish machine doesn’t require payment. 😉 I love Corida… maybe you could build off that if it doesn’t sound sufficiently rolling. Coridania? Corrian? Coridesh? Corimdalinae? 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
@Hope it’s a sister thing. 😉
- Load More

I just saw this! I will be praying for you, @writefury!