@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Greta replied to the topic Titles…again in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 3 months ago
I like the Final Clash, and honestly, I like “Legend of the Shield.” I know you must have had reasons for renaming the book, but those are the ones I like. Sorry, I’m probably not being helpful. :/ Let me see if I can think of any other titles…
What about “Legend of the Clashing Shield?” Or maybe “The Clash of Kingdoms?” I don’t know… -
Daeus replied to the topic Titles…again in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 3 months ago
Legendary Shield
A Shield And The Nation -
Anna Brie replied to the topic Titles…again in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 3 months ago
I thought that The Final Clash was good title. I like it better than any of the one you have suggested there.
-
Hope Ann started the topic Titles…again in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 3 months ago
There’s a lot of truth to a quote I once saw, at least in my own life: One either gets a title right the first time, or they spend weeks or months agonizing over it. Or, in my case, years.
So, there’s this book I’m working on. Originally it was called Legend of the Shield, then The Shield and Spear. It’s most recent title is The Final Clash. I’m…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
I find the ‘media side’ of the story interesting. The twisting of the story about different farmers and Snowball to make sure there is always someone everyone is upset with. Since the animals are given someone to blame, they don’t look closer to home at the real reason of their trials. And, through all the stories told about all the ‘enemies’ of…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
@Emma-flournoy It’s not a problem! I’m not the best at responding in a…timely manner. 😉
What are some of your favorite books (someone probably asked you that already but anyway)? -
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Hey @anyone, if you happen to want to do any writing now, I’ll be doing some editing for about 45min or so.
-
Greta replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
*sneaks in* *peeks at topic* Hey… @Daeus, sorry I didn’t respond for the last couple weeks! I was gone for the first week, and I was really busy last week…
So back to Animal Farm. I think one of the areas that Orwell really does well is foreshadowing. In the beginning of the book, he puts in subtle warnings that the animal characters don’t…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic And the Moral to THAT is… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Or you can write short novellas on characters or give extra scenes or secret pages to those who have read your books and/or joined your newsletter. 😉
As for yelling, you must also use your mouth. And your hands cupped around your mouth. The mountain tops are best for getting your voice spread the furthers, or so I’ve heard. But since there are…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Odd Team Out (Or the Cobalt Fanclub Revival) in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 3 months ago
@Sarah-h *nods approvingly* excellent choice, my dear. 😉 His kind of character is always at the same time both very funny and somehow very sweet, without meaning to be. The kind who joke about everything just for the sake of laughter, and whose outlook on life is so amazingly positive it’s almost impossible to bring them down.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic And the Moral to THAT is… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
*chokes* Sure @Daeus, thanks. I’ll keep that in mind. What a revolutionary trick. It’s like I’m breaking unbroken ground here… I’m not used to living so dangerously. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic And the Moral to THAT is… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
I happen to be an expert on yelling. I’ll give let you in on my super secret trick. Do it loudly.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic And the Moral to THAT is… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Videos @Daeus? *perks up* Cool… where am I going to get the actors? 😛 😉 Seriously though, that would be fun.
Okay, guess I better start polishing up my yelling skills.
-
Daeus replied to the topic And the Moral to THAT is… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@kate-flournoy Easy solution. Just record videos of yourself going into the back stories of you side characters. You could probably sell those for more than books and they would take 1/50hth of the time.
As for fans, just yell loud. If pay attention, they’ll keep paying attention. Signed and sealed.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic And the Moral to THAT is… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Hope I know! *sniff* All the backstories of all my different characters are so complex and amazing (‘scuse me while I pat myself on the back) and yet good writing compels me to ignore them.
*sigh*
Oh well. Maybe one day I can turn all the backstories into books of their own. 😉 Fans would love that, don’t you think?
*gulp* Assuming I have any fans… 😉 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus root beer, please. However romantically medieval ale may be, I don’t find it appealing at all. 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic And the Moral to THAT is… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
I agree, though it is sad. That’s the problem I have with one of my WIPs (Scarlet Rose). I’ve too many subplots, some of which don’t really have to do with the main plot. And I’m going to have to go though and trim plenty of parts and figure out what to focus on and what to just let be part of a character.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@kate-flournoy I think its root beer, but ale would do too.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus what… is that?!?? It looks like tankards of ale. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus got sick of cookies, did you?
- Load More
