@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Hi, from the Deeper South in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
@timothy-young. No I have not read/heard of W.E. Johns Worrals books. I shall have to ask my brother about them. He is the real Biggles fan. He was the one who started me reading them. Although I guess I have to say thank you to school work (though now I am done with that) 🙂 as I read my first Biggles because of Nepal when we studied it for…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Ooh Charlotte’s Web is a great book.
Empty Chairs and Empty Tables is a great song. My family and I made a short movie for a competition and in it I had to cry. So my sister played that song on her laptop and the one time I needed to cry, I was completely dry-eyed. *Unbelievable* So we watched Tony’s confession in War Room and that got the water…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Is there anyone up for writing for 45 minutes. (Depending on when you read this) @kate-flournoy, @daeus @hannah-c
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Hi, from the Deeper South in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
@timothy-young Ooo, I really like Freedom’s Cause, The Cat of Bubastes, and The Lion of St. Mark. I think one of my favorites is For the Temple.
Thanks. I’m glad you liked the article. 🙂 I don’t really have an option on authors of Greek and Roman warfare or history. I’ve just been slowly going though the small selection our library has and r…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Kate-flournoy I know…it’s so sad.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Sure Tatiana. I’ll try to remember that.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Hope believe it or not I hadn’t heard that one— I went and looked it up, and you’re right, it’s amazing. *sniff* So sad and nostalgic.
*runs sobbing from the room, handkerchief pressed to streaming eyes* -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic More than one question about writing an allegorical series in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@His-Instrument Jesus was many things. Homeless. Outcast. Pilgrim. Teacher. Servant. Healer. You could develop Him as any of those, instead of carpenter.
And as for the first question, I’ve never read a series like that, but I certainly don’t think it couldn’t be done. There are no ‘rules’ in fiction writing— more like guidelines. Understand…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Oh, versions thing. Yeah, certain voices just aren’t meant for certain songs.
-
Daeus replied to the topic More than one question about writing an allegorical series in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
A wise lamb who has the characteristic of disappearing at strange times and reappearing at even more strange times. How ’bout that???
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus Personal opinion, I suppose. I just don’t care for his voice and how he sings it. I’ve heard other versions, like one by Josh Groban, which carry the emotion of the song but which I think sounds better.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@hope Why somebody else besides the actor?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Kate-flournoy, @Daeus, I love Les Mis music! My favorite song is probably Empty Chairs and Empty Tables (but sung by someone else besides the actor 😉 )
Back on topic; book voting: Alice Through the Looking Glass. Or Ender’s Game.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic More than one question about writing an allegorical series in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@his-instrument Yes! I’ve done that. Well, the writing and rewriting and rewriting. I’ve one book I’m working on that I wrote four years ago. Then I doubled the length, then I rewrote quite a bit of it. And now I’m reworking it again… And I’m not even going to mention another book I wrote last year which I’ve revised a few times and have now…[Read more]
-
Greta changed their profile picture 10 years, 3 months ago
-
Greta replied to the topic Hi, from the Deeper South in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
@Timothy-Young, Very neat! I’ve only read one Henty, and I liked it, but I’ve never gotten around to reading any others. 🙂 Hmm, I’ve heard of the Scarlet Pimpernel, but I’ve never read it. I’ll have to look into that. 😉
-
Ingrid posted an update 10 years, 3 months ago
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
~Maya Angelou -
Greta replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Thanks for tagging me @Daeus! Life got busy (surprise, surprise), and I forgot about the book club. *gasp* I really enjoyed Animal Farm.
@kate-flournoy Sorry, I had to butt in on this conversation. I’ve never read Les Mis, but the music… I’m kind of obsessed. 😉 😛 Les Mis is my all-time FAVORITE musical!!! The music is just so amazing.…[Read more] -
Ingrid changed their profile picture 10 years, 3 months ago
-
Ingrid changed their profile picture 10 years, 3 months ago
- Load More
