@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Aliens, in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 3 months ago
Hmm, well, not stale really. Quite deep rather. And we never talked aliens before. That’s a new aspect.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Aliens, in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 3 months ago
@faithdk We had an extended conversation about this a while ago if you want to get caught up. https://kingdompen.org/forums/topic/magic-and-fantasy/
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Well @Hope *pulls long, solemn professor-face, folds hands gravely in lap* time spent on philosophy is never wasted. Philosophical thought is the magnifying lens through which we view our world. *nods solemnly* The clearer understanding we have of philosophy, the less confusing the world is.
😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Kate-flournoy Not a philosopher, I just love logic. And paradoxes. 😉 I thought I figured it out, then I realized I hadn’t and then I had to figure it out. It took me about twenty minutes I was supposed to be spending on writing.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Hope yay! You got it! I narrowed it down to pretty much that last night, but I wanted to look at it from every possible angle before I said anything. Bravo! I didn’t know you were a philosopher… 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@hope *claps* Very well done. The fallacy is equivocation if you think about it hard enough.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I will attempt to solve the paradox.
If non-existence does not exist, then it does
If non-existence does exist, then it does notNon-existence is an idea. It doesn’t exist in the first place, rather it is the lack of existence of some other idea or item. So if the lack of something’s existence doesn’t exist, then that thing does indeed…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@wordfitlyspoken Yes, but it took me two hours of absolute fanatical concentration. Hopefully that won’t happen to you. *Somewhat worried look*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Hmm, I see, well.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Oh, those are rare. I must read it sooner than by the end of the year.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus ooh… ouch. Okay, gimme a while to figure that out. I thought I had it for a minute, but then I lost it. I’m still operating on sub-par intelligence. 😛
Unless perhaps non-existence is non-existent by very definition and therefore naturally does not exist… or co-exists with its nonexistence… hmmmm… yeah, give me a bit. 😉
And yes.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus ooh… ouch. Okay, gimme a while to figure that out. I thought I had it for a minute, but then I lost it. I’m still operating on sub-par intelligence. 😛
Unless perhaps non-existence is non-existent by very definition and therefore naturally does not exist… or co-exists with its nonexistence… hmmmm… yeah, give me a bit. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@kate-flournoy I’ve heard of the book, but never heard anybody recommend it particularly before. I guess I’ll have to read it now if you like it so much. Hmm, probably before the end of the year.
Btw, since you’re a philosopher, I thought I’d give you the most troubling philosophical paradox I’ve ever encountered. Actually, it’s incredibly…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Okay guys, I discovered a new favorite. My mom bought me this book on a random impulse, having heard it once before as an audiobook, and I devoured it in a day.
Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451.
Read it.
There’s a bit of language in it and a very few pretty graphic scenes, but they in no way detracted from the beauty of the story for me. In case…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Daughter of the King says Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
@c-c-lane Welcome! *bows officially*
I love writing medieval fantasy too! And Tolkien. Reading Tolkien that is, not writing it. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Daughter of the King says Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
Hey, a newcomer! I can’t believe I missed this… 😛 Anyway, welcome to KP, @C-C-Lane!
I know exactly what you mean about writing historical fiction— I have the same problem. All of my earliest novels were historical fiction, and they are quite liberally scattered with incongruous dragon metaphors. 😛
And hey, you know what, it’s actually…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
It’s okay. I actually can’t do it. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Welp, here I am again in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 3 months ago
@his-instrument Sure. It’s about 65,000 words. I’ll probably be ready in about three weeks.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@his-instrument I dare you to write about a character who think’s he’s an apple pie and is very disturbed by the fact.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Is anyone around for half an hour of writing????
- Load More
