@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@kate-flournoy @bluejay @c-c-lane I’m writing now till 9.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@clairec I will join you at 10-10:30. I’ll tag you when I start so see you then. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic The sign of the four in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@hope That’s a good point. I do have different expectations for a modern as opposed to a classic book. Of course, good writing is always good writing, but each age has its own trends. For Sherlock Holmes, I really wish the villains showed more emotion and incorporation when they were caught and I thought there could have been more emotion,…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The sign of the four in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
So I’ve been thinking, both about Sherlock Holmes and writing in general. I think part of our reaction to styles comes with what we are expected. For example, when I read Sherlock Holmes, I expect a mystery. If the emotions are a bit dramatic, or there is quite a bit of telling verses showing, I don’t mind. Because it flows and it reflects the…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Introducing…"drumroll"…ClaireC! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@ClaireC Welcome! I know, I’m a bit late to say it. But hey, better late than never, right? 😉 Great to have you here!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
I’m planning on writing till 11:30 if anyone wants to join me.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Yeah, mine is my first, but I have done a little on a second. And I had mostly plotted out another story in my head that took the same initial idea in a different direction. But I never got much beyond the first chapter.
It’s a Rapunzel inspired non-magical fantasy that may or may not be set in a part of our world. I did consider making it…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@clairec That’s okay. I was actually going to cut it down to 15 minutes cause I’ve got something else to do, so it works out well for me. And yes, tomorrow should be fine. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@clairec That’s okay. I was actually going to cut it done to 15 minutes cause I’ve got something else to do, so it works out well for me. And yes, tomorrow should be fine. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@clairec Are you up for some writing? Half an hour?
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@ClaireC Do you mind telling us what you’re writing. In general terms at least. Specifics can be spoilery.
I’m rewriting at the moment. And though I’m writing faster it’s taking me longer to get through it. I’m putting a lot more detail in and I’m not sure that it’s necessary. It might just be a whole lot of filler.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@ClaireC Do you mind telling us what you’re writing. In general terms at least. Specifics can be spoilery.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@ClaireC Done.
I got 930. How about you?
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@ClaireC Okay. I generally prefer to write in smaller spurts but that will work.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Introducing…"drumroll"…ClaireC! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@clairec Hi! I’m from Australia too. Near Canberra to be exact, but still in New South Wales.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Titles…again in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 2 months ago
I’m okay with Sign of the Shield. I looked up and the only similar title is some kind of history of the Greeks.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@clairec I got 14 and 1/2 chapters read in Job. I was busy for most of the afternoon but I got lots of reading done in the evening.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@clairec I’d love to, but I’ve got to work on a stop motion for a competition in America. I’m going to try and put in a full days work today, but I should be able to write tomorrow. Or maybe even tonight. I guess we’ll see. 🙂
- Load More
