@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Great. I may have a quick break in a minute or two, but it won’t be for long. 🙂 See you in half an hour. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Frindle is about a boy who decides that a pen should be called a frindle. And it’s about the war that goes on because of it and how the world responds to it. Great book, well worth reading. It is by Andrew Clements.
The Butterfly Lion…how to describe it. Let me just write what is on the back of the book.
Bertie rescues an orphaned white lion cub…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@hope I get the idea you asked several questions there.
First, you seem to ask that if there is a situation in which it is ok to kill, does that apply no matter who is in the position to be killed, whether villain, friend, neutral, brother, etc.
That does have a clear answer in my opinion, but not a simple one. The reason is that there are…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Hope all good questions. I do think I would tend to say it’s cowardice to beg for swift death over torment (though goodness knows if I would have the strength to take it), because ultimately God is in control (so cliche— but He is 😉 ) and ‘I can do ALL THINGS through Christ, who strengthens me.’ That would apply to silence in the face of…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
So I’ve been thinking about a different angle of this whole ‘what is permissible in war and in defense of others’ type of question. We’ve established earlier that life is given by God and isn’t just something for man to take whenever they wish. Ok. Yes. I agree. However, we don’t live in a perfect world. War does not change what is right and…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic If there's one thing rewriting has taught me… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay no, I’ve not ready Ella Enchanted, though I’ve seen the movie. *smirks*
@Gabrielle Oh yes, always. Actually, what I tend to do when I’m making drastic changes, is copy the document and archive a copy of it ‘as is’ then go ahead and edit to my heart’s content because I know I can always go back to something and get it if I need it.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic If there's one thing rewriting has taught me… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@hope have you ever read Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine? She does that with her book.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper It least I’m not the only one then. 🙂
Have you ever read books by Captain W.E.Johns? He writes about a pilot called Bigglesworth “Biggles” to his friends. He fights in World War 1 & 2 and when it’s not war he’s a air-police detective. Well worth reading. My brother collects them and now I have started my own set two. I think there…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic If there's one thing rewriting has taught me… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@emma-flournoy Yes, you have a point there too. I’m not saying one should include everything. But I’ve seen it done in more than one book…one was an alternate beginning and the other included bits of a character who’d been taken out. In both cases, I agreed it was better the way the author had written it, but at the same time it was fun to see…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Dragon-Snapper include this line in a story: ‘Dude, we are not asking the dragon for directions.’
I love your dare, @Jess. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Announcing… Jess! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@Dragons-Snapper I’m late too, we can be late together… but WELCOME TO THE REALM OF THE KEEPERS OF THE PEN, @JESS!!
We do have a lot in common.
Christian? Check.
Writer? Check.
Homeschooled? Check.
Loves fantasy? Check.
Artsy? Check.
Talks to her characters? Um, check!Welcome again. So glad to have you on here. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@Dragon-Snapper sorry to burst your bubble… it’s bestestist. *hysterical laughter*
And welcome regardless, @Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise!!!!! So great to see you here! What’s your favorite book/series? What do you like best about writing?
And what on this earth is a nose flute?????
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Announcing… Jess! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
Hey, @daeus, you’ve never told us that about chocolate! It was all ‘eat raspberries because they’re healthy’. *grabs more chocolate*
Thanks, @Jess. 😉 A fantasy trilogy! That sounds like fun. I’m working on my novellas, a fantasy novel, have several other fantasy novels…and a seven book fantasy series. 😉 I also have a futuristic trilogy I’m…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise You’re finally here!!! Welcome to the, umm, wonderfulist writing forum on earth. 😉 Oh, and about the tags, they aren’t always the names you see. If you click on a person’s profile, you’ll see the ‘tagging name’ You’ll memorize most of them eventually. 😉
And married six people? *smirks* I’ve been married two or three…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
Hi @corissa-maiden-of-praise. Welcome. Wait!!!! *stares at your post* You win. *pats you on the back* 🙂
So things about me….
Well, I too am dedicated to Jesus. Sometimes though I feel as though it is lacking in my life. So there is a great forum topic here when you tag someone to read nothing but the Bible all day. It is a great lot of fun,…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Thanks @his-instrument I’ll see what I can come up with. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Announcing… Jess! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
Welcome, Jess. I’m so glad you found us.
Just by doing so, you have officially earned the right to bear the title Keeper of the realm of the pen, wear a cloak anywhere, and eat twice as much chocolate as the average American.
Hey, yeah. Tell us about your writing projects.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Announcing… Jess! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@jess welcome to Kingdom Pen the bestistes…Oh @hope beat me to it. *boohoo*
*ahem* KP is a great place for us writes. I have loved every moment that I’ve been on it. It was like what Reagan said once, “when you’re a writer that sets you apart, and being a Christian sets you apart even more” *It was something along those lines* 🙂I have never…[Read more]
- Load More
