@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@clairec Have you read the operation series? There are five books in the series and they are wonderful. The titles are Foxtrot Five; Delta Bravo; Alpha Papa; Tango Two Two; Uniform Echo. The author is DJ Stutley. If you haven’t read them, you should look them up. They are set in Australia too.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@jess Change of plans; I can write in 20 minutes if you want. I have some rewriting to do.
Anyone can join if they want. -
Daeus replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Hey, is anybody going to the Noah conference?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Faith and Prayer in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus beautifully said. I couldn’t agree more. God doesn’t need us to ask Him— He wants us to because He is a Father, and He loves spending time with His children. Prayer is a form of worship.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Faith and Prayer in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
So if we are sure we are right with the Lord and we ask Him for something, wouldn’t it be presumptuous to think He wouldn’t answer, rather than the other way around?
The logic here is backwards. We don’t make sure our hearts are in obedience to God’s will in every other area of our lives and then go to God and give him…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Faith and Prayer in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise I’m saying God says wait……………………………. then He either says yes of no. And what God answers is always right, even if we don’t see it right there and then. Faith is to trust Him no matter what the answer is or whether we understand it or not.
Does that help you understand my pov? -
BlueJay replied to the topic Faith and Prayer in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise I’m saying God says wait………………………………………… then He either says yes of no. And what God answers is always right, even if we don’t see it right there and then. Faith is to trust Him no matter what the answer is or whether we understand it or not.
Does that help you understand my pov? -
BlueJay replied to the topic Faith and Prayer in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise I’m saying God says wait…………………………………………then He either says yes of no. And what God answers is always right, even if we don’t see it right there and then. Faith is to trust Him no matter what the answer is or whether we understand it or not.
Does that help you understand my pov? -
BlueJay replied to the topic Faith and Prayer in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise I’m saying God says wait…………………………………………..then He either says yes of no. And what God answers is always right, even if we don’t see it right there and then. Faith is to trust Him no matter what the answer is or whether we understand it or not.
Does that help you understand my pov? -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Faith and Prayer in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Ooh, good discussion @Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise. I haven’t done a lot of thinking on this, but the first thing that popped into my head when I read your post was this verse:
The horse is prepared for the day of battle, but deliverance is of the Lord.
Proverbs 21:31Quite simply, we are instructed to prepare and leave the rest to God. As @Hope is…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Faith and Prayer in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Good question. I’ve actually just been thinking today how little I bring my requests to God when I should. It’s like I forget that God also has the name Father.
That being said, I know God sometimes has his people go through tough times, and sometimes what we want isn’t what God has planned. I don’t see any way we can…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Faith and Prayer in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise
*this is a quote* “I heard a story once about two farmers who desperately need rain. And they both prayed to God for it. But only one went out and prepared his fields for it. Which one do you think trust God to send the rain?” (This is from Facing the Giants) 🙂Is constantly praying for something a lack of faith? God…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Faith and Prayer in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise
*this is a quote* “I heard a story once about two farmers who desperately need rain. And they both prayed to God for it. But only one went out and prepared his fields for it. Which one do you think trust God to send the rain?” (This is from Facing the Giants) 🙂Is constantly praying for something a lack of faith? God…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Faith and Prayer in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Ooo, that is a tough question. Hmmm…
I could argue for both sides, so I guess I’ll start by asking is it a Biblical idea that preparing for an answer to prayer is a sign of faith. Or is it a sign of presumption?
I’ve not studied this but I think assuming the answer is a bit presumptuous. After all, when we’re asking…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Those Dear, Fuzzy Angels in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@ClaireC please don’t think I’m ignoring you. I’ll read this eventually; it’s just I’m incredibly busy lately and don’t have time for much extra. When I do read it, you may be sure I’ll tell you what I think. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Those Dear, Fuzzy Angels in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@ClairC please don’t think I’m ignoring you. I’ll read this eventually; it’s just I’m incredibly busy lately and don’t have time for much extra. When I do read it, you may be sure I’ll tell you what I think. 😉
-
Greta replied to the topic Announcing… Jess! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@Jess I’m contemplating reading it as well. Right now, I’m in the middle of reading the Fellowship of the Ring for the third time. 😉
-
Greta replied to the topic Those Dear, Fuzzy Angels in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@clairec Wow, I loved it! Great with the characters and the story! Keep writing because you’ve got a gift from God. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay Ok, that helps me. Let me explain my thought process here.
First off, it’s great you’re having your mom give you input. I’m sure it’s already helped you grow a lot. One person’s input though is never enough to evaluate a story fully. Sure you can’t get tons of input on every story, but here is what I would suggest. Get one story and…[Read more]
- Load More
