@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy Are you writing anymore today?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus right. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Emma-Flournoy ummmmmmmm… yeah. All in the subtext, deary.
Let’s see… one of my favorite quotes, not necessarily about writing, but about life, which is about writing in a way… or is writing about life? I don’t remember anymore. 😛 Anyway, I love this quote. It’s attributed to William Wallace.
Every man dies. Not every man truly lives.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy Hehehe (That was Harold)
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus awesome. I’m trying to get Harold out— eh, never mind. Spoilers. 😉 I’m continuing the rewrite of Uncharted, and I got 1,067 words written. I’m also very pleased with what I wrote, which is rare. 😛 I’m at a very crowded, intricate place right now, so I was pleased that I could manage it carefully and still get something that snapped, if…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy Got three chapters edited on yet another pass through TATHOF.
What were you working on?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy Should be good.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus yes I am. I will be until… eh… ten thirty? You good till then?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy Well, if you’re still writing, I’m all go.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus yes. It could be that as well.
If you’re writing now, I’m available…
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
hmm… I like that theory. Not everything is better broken, but a lot of things are.
And then maybe too it’s a parable about how we see a use in something when a greater use is intended for it that we could have never seen.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
What meaning would you give it, by the way?
Ummm… something along the lines of what @Bluejay said, @Daeus, though I was more thinking somehow mankind was more blessed to see the fragments of something than they would have been to see it whole. Like, maybe brokenness was more beautiful… or useful…or something…heh. 😛
I actually have…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I have read the entire Promise of Zion and one or two of the other one. I don’t mind the ending so much for Promise of Zion. It’s better than Jeff’s end. 🙁
Great, you’ll have to tell me what you think when you finish them. 🙂
Not a dumb question at all. And you like rambling…here goes. 🙂
I live near the bottom of Victoria and it’s and…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I have read the entire Promise of Zion and one or two of the other one. I don’t mind the ending so much for Promise of Zion. It’s better than Jeff’s end. 🙁
Great, you’ll have to tell me what you think when you finish them. 🙂
Not a dumb question at all. And you like rambling…here goes. 🙂
I live near the bottom of Victoria and it’s and…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@clairec and Sarah-h I didn’t get any reading done to day and I’m really cross. I read a paragraph out to my sister from a different book (couldn’t really avoid it) and that was all I did. Maybe next time will be better. You two sounded like you had a great day, though.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I don’t mean of course that ambiguity is synonymous with depth in the way modern poets take that axiom, but I mean in the sense of making imagery universal and subtle.
…if that makes any sense.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I was thinking a straight forward poem would be meaningless and that ambiguity is often synonymous with depth. I think I can support your interpretation though. It sounds like a good one.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@daeus my interpretation is:
Though @kate-flournoy is unable to join us in writing, she is blessing the world because of her absences from us.
I have no idea what you where thinking…what were you thinking??? -
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
What meaning would you give it, by the way?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy Oh, ENJF. Plenty of weirdness in me. Especially when I’m with friends and when I go brain dead. A combination of the two is positively dangerous.
- Load More
