@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy @bluejay I’m writing till at least eight, maybe eight fifteen.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flourny @bluejay I’m writing till at least eight, maybe eight fifteen.
-
Ingrid changed their profile picture 10 years, 1 month ago
-
Ingrid changed their profile picture 10 years, 1 month ago
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@aella I will fight alongside the rest of you! *straps on sword* *checks on daggers and bow* I’ve never done NaNoWriMo, though I have done some of the camps. But I do want to this year. I’m going to be writing a novella and a prequel to the novella, so I’m thinking around 45,000 words. I’m planning on planning and outlining the story in September…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise *Chuckles* Yes, people often think I’m older than I am. One guy actually thought I was my dad, married, and with six kids — thereby at leat age 35 or so. I’m actually 18 now though.
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@his-instrument I had to write about 1 and 1/2 hours each day to reach my 50,000 goal last year NaNoWriMo. But I write somewhat slow, so it totally depends on how many words you can pump out in an hour. My average is anywhere from 800 to 1000 words an hour (if I’m really focusing!)
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@clairec I’m writng this afternoon. You can join me if you’re around.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I am half hoping to do NaNoWriMo. It really depend on what stage I am in my current book though, as I’ll be writing the sequel.
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic The Book of John Literary Study in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy @sarah-h @corissa-maiden-of-praise Glad you could join us! I’m hoping this study will be the sort of thing that’s easy to pick up on even if you’ve missed a few weeks. I think that doing one chapter per week instead of per day should make it even easier to catch up, even if it will take us longer to complete. I feel like there’s a…[Read more]
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@aella Have you done NaNo before? I did it for three years but my word count goal was never beyond 40,000. How many hours a day does it take to write a 50,000 word novel? I’d love to do it but I have to see what my school workload looks like. Between school and dance I’m usually pretty busy, but I should know in a couple of weeks. I’ll keep you…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lying in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus flipping through old topics and I just thought I’d drop you a line and let you know your argument makes more sense than mine looking back. I agree. 🙂 Duty is ours, consequence is God’s, and better to follow what the Bible commands than what it possibly does not condemn. ‘Preciate you being patient and gracious through the intricacies of…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Aella I would love to do (or at least try) NaNo someday, ‘but today is not that day!’ (Since we’re going with battle speeches here. *wink*) Mainly, life is too busy for that at this point. I wish you all luck though. 😀
-
Greta replied to the topic Post Your Writing Dare Results Here! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@winter-rose I love it, Gabrielle! So funny. I love the ending: “I want to eat it.” 😉 Great job!
-
Greta replied to the topic Post Your Writing Dare Results Here! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@winter-rose I love it, Gabrielle! So funny. I love the ending: “I want to eat it.” 😉 <3
-
Greta replied to the topic Post Your Writing Dare Results Here! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@winter-rose I love it, Gabrielle! So funny. I love the ending: “I want to eat it.”
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Sorry, I kinda just finished.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Oh, yeah. I agree some stuff doesn’t belong in fiction. Have you read my article All Art Is Christian (titled somewhat provocatively)? It lays out my thoughts on this and similar issues.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Hmm, I can’t seem to remember the book well enough to evaluate it again.
By the way, it sounds like you’ll want to avoid the three musketeers and the hunchback of notre dame. I seem to have more leniency with a book than you do, but I honestly wouldn’t recommend those books for anyone. Thought you might want to know.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Ah, I see. For my part, I seem to remember that this was all where the characters were starting, not where they were headed (except a few which I can’t remember at all), but it’s been a while.
So would you consider yourself as valuing clean content above theme?
- Load More
