@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Need a Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
Hello, @Alia! I don’t believe I’ve had the pleasure of meeting you yet. I’m Ingrid. 🙂
Oooo. I love the name. And I think that’s a great trilogy title.
I have a question: are you looking for a name for the individual books in the trilogy? I may have missed that… -
Greta posted an update 10 years, 1 month ago
@faithdk Hi, Faith! Good to see you back on here again. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Yeah, I kinda like that too. But I don’t think that’s how it’s going to turn out, what with all the mystery and stuff in her backstory. :/
-
Daeus replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I hope Rey remains just a normal person. I like that she’s a nobody.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Oh and Hannah, yes. Finn did change the way I saw Stormtroopers very much.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@His-Instrument @Daeus I totally agree with everything that has been said. (Like you needed my stamp of approval. I’m giving it anyway).
And yes, Hannah, I totally root for Gollum. Don’t worry. We’re weird together. 😉The thing I’m most worried about with Ren is the general incompetence of script-writers. (I know. So cynical). This character…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Fruits of the Spirit in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay Great poem, again! I really do love it. The varying length of the lines creates a beautiful sort of rhythm while you’re reading. I usually prefer rhyming poetry, but you pulled this off really well. Keep up the great work! 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@his-instrument I can agree that Gollum and Javert are both great bad guys. Not Kylo Ren, but still really good.
Whatever they do with Kylo Ren, it needs to be complex. Absolutely no way can he turn out to be a full bad guy. Something as simple as Vader’s redemption however would simply fall flat for him. I think his mental commitment and actions…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Some Character Illustrations by Lightningmouse in the forum Art 10 years, 1 month ago
@lightningmouse Ooo, those are cool. I love 1st, 2nd, and 4th one especially. I wish I could draw my own characters that well. *sighs* I guess I’ll settle for pinterest. What type of story is this?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I messaged you, @anna-brie but it told me Aella94 wasn’t a username…
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Okay, I’m also going to post about Fin. He just completely threw off the way I viewed Storm Troopers. It’s easy to hate a sea of bad guys whose faces you can’t see. You think they’re just clones– maybe not even fully human– and so it doesn’t bother you to see people shooting them and blasting them. But then, suddenly, here’s a Storm Trooper with…[Read more]
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus @Kate-Flournoy Thank you for putting all of my thoughts on Kylo Ren into words. I don’t know if Ren is my favorite bad guy, but he’s definitely up there. Gollum is close. If anybody understands me on that one I’d love to hear that I’m not the only person in the universe who was actually rooting for Gollum and his redemption. And then…[Read more]
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
My NaNo username was either eyeonthesparrow or eyeonthesparrow2 on YWP. I’m not on the main NaNo site yet. I haven’t been on that account for years! I’ll have to dig it up again. 🙂
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic The Book of John Literary Study in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I don’t know whether or not that’s true, @sarah-h, but it sounds like an excellent theory. You’re right about how John almost hides his identity.
I love the scene where Philip and Nathanael are introduced. The dialogue exchanged by them sort of carries across their characters. Nathanael obviously has some prejudices (“Nazareth! Can anything good…[Read more] -
Anna Brie replied to the topic Fruits of the Spirit in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
I like it. But I do agree with @Sarah-h. Polite, doesn’t quite seem to fit with gentleness. Maybe placid or quiet.
I looked up about forms of poetry and it’s rather similar to a cinquain, but that has the fourth line longest.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Fruits of the Spirit in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@sarah-h I’d love to read it. I am really beginning to like visual poetry. As Daeus pointed out, this one wasn’t visual poetry, but I’m going to keep trying.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Fruits of the Spirit in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
Bah. It didn’t work. Well, you can see one of them here if you want to. Unfortunately, I don’t have the other one online currently.
http://www.thescratchingquill.com/the-cloud-and-earth/ -
Daeus replied to the topic Fruits of the Spirit in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay Yeah, I like it. Focusing on symbolism could make it even better, but it’s good.
Actually though, I wouldn’t call this one visual poetry. Visual poetry is where you write a normal poem, but the way the words are arranged forms an image. For instance, you could write a poem about your ancestors in the shape of a tree. Your one about the…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Fruits of the Spirit in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay Yeah, I like it. Focusing on symbolism could make it even better, but it’s good.
Actually though, I wouldn’t call this one visual poetry. Visual poetry is where you write a normal poem, but the way the words are arranged forms an image. For instance, you could write a poem about your ancestors in the shape of a tree. Your one about the…[Read more]
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic The Sea in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay YASSSSSSSSSS! ALWAYS SUBMIT!
As far as ideas go, you could totally do a series of poems on the miracles of Jesus. That would be really awesome. 🙂
- Load More
