@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Woohoo! Awesome job stepping in, Tessa! 🙂
My votes:
1) Through the Looking Glass
2) The Hobbit (Or LotR in general, am I right, y’all?)
3) The Butterfly Lion (That one just sounds cool.) -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Oh yes, as for making up creatures, The Dark Sea Annals have plenty of interesting animals and races. The first one is called Sword in the Stars and the second is called The Errant King. *lowers voice* Read them, @daeus.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I’m on, @anna-brie! I’ve added both you and Aella94 as writing buddies, so you should be able to find me. 😀
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Lord of the Rings tops the list of epic fantasy, of course. And I really enjoy The Dark Sea Annals by Wayne Thomas Batson. They are very high fantasy and allegorical. There is some ‘magical’ stuff in there, but it’s not magic, per say. More like gifts and abilities people have been given, and then there are those who use their gifts for evil…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*Runs in* Pants, pants, pants. Oooo let me see….The two princesses of Barmarre is the one of the bestestist books ever. The author is Gail Carson Levine. She is seriously amazing. She is into fantasy, so I really recommend you checking her books out if you want good fantasy. *dreams*
Ahem, Ahem. Let me see….more books. The Talking Parcel by…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*Runs in* Pants, pants, pants. Oooo let me see….The two sisters of Barmarre is the one of the bestestist books ever. The author is Gail Carson Levine. She is seriously amazing. She is into fantasy, so I really recommend you checking her books out if you want good fantasy. *dreams*
Ahem, Ahem. Let me see….more books. The Talking Parcel Gerald…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*Runs in* Pants, pants, pants. Oooo let me see….The two sisters of Barmarre is the one of the bestestist books ever. The author is Gail Carson Levine. She is seriously amazing. She is into fantasy, so I really recommend you checking her books out if you want good fantasy. *dreams*
Ahem, Ahem. Let me see….more books. The Talking Parcel Gerald…[Read more] -
Daeus started the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Hi everyone,
So a while back I came up with this crazy idea. I decided was going to write a fantasy book. Don’t ask me how, but I just came to the conclusion that these two story ideas I had in my head belonged in another world.
Problem is, I’m not a big fantasy reader and I need to get more familiar with the genre. So.. I come to you nice…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus ha. 😀 Done. I’ve forgotten it already.
(Matthew thanks you).
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy I edited the fight between Mathew and Pascal. *Hides face* The old version can be officially forgotten.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Awesome @Dragon-Snapper. I’m afraid I didn’t get much of anything. 468. *sigh* It might be because I reeeeaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyyyy want to get to the next scene… and my brain doesn’t want me to. 😛
What did you get @Daeus?
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Although if you want to do a biblical book you can join us for the book of John study.
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay I’m going to vote for 1. The Witch of Blackbird Pond, 2. The Hobbit, or 3. Frindle. Witch of Blackbird Pond is one of my top favorites! And if you’re interested in other books by the same author check out The Bronze Bow.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus I’m on.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy I’m writing now.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I don’t do things like this half heartedly. After mentioning on my blog and telling my parents it’d feel like cheating to me. The only exception I might make for myself is reading my little brothers WIP. It can be amusing on occasion, but I don’t read it for fun. And it’s long overdue.
Don’t feel that I think you’re cheating. I’m not setting…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@anna-brie That’s a shame, but I understand.
@dragon-snapper Some of us aren’t reading any fiction for a month. We are focusing on Biblical books and the Bible.
And it’s all about votes for which book gets picked……….. -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper and @winter-rose I’ve got to stop now as I have an art lesson to do. I got the start of another visual poem going. 🙂 This one is about the sacrifice that Christ made for us when He died on the cross. (And it’s in the shape of a cross)
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Bluejay, I’m not going to read one this month then, so don’t count my votes.
Unless we read something from the Bible. Esther or Ruth could be good.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Bluejay, I’m not going to read one this month then, so don’t count my votes.
- Load More
