@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*doctor runs in* *stares amazed and shakes head sadly* Haven’t you ever been told not to run in the house @daeus? I did and I bear a scar for it.
And I’ll let you know, that I can’t write today, as I’ve still got chores to do. -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*doctor runs in* *stares amazed and shakes head sadly* Haven’t you ever been told not to run in the house @daeus? I did and I bare a scar for it.
And I’ll let you know, that I can’t write today, as I’ve still got chores to do. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus *ducks flying glass and sizzling wires* I’m with you. If you still exist after that. 😛 I might have to stop early. We’ll see.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy Ok, I’m ready to write now. *Let’s out a yippee and charges into computer*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@emma-flournoy *bows low* at your service always. 🙂 *disappears to do some other good deeds.*
-
BlueJay posted an update 10 years, 1 month ago
@daeus How long did you let voting go for with the book club?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@emma-flournoy type in the word ‘HERE’ Then find your link. Get a copy of it. Come back to where you are writing your post. High-light the word ‘HERE’ using your mouse and click the LINK button. You then put your link in the right place (you’ll see) (you should have the word “HERE” in the text link, or the link text; can’t remember what it calls…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@emma-flournoy type in the word ‘HERE’ Then find your link. Get a copy of it. Come back to where you are writing your post. High-light the word ‘HERE’ using your mouse and click the LINK button. You then put your link in the right place (you’ll see) and click add link. Then submit. Try again???
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay The struggle is so real. Like, I’ll be walking around at school mad for no reason, and then it occurs to me that I haven’t written anything in a few weeks. xD And then I’m like “TO THE LIBRARY computer so I can words for a little while, ‘kay everyone?”
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@emma-flournoy You can use that link, yes. Is that what you were meaning?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@emma-flournoy You can use that link, yes. Is that what you where meaning?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus… my procedure? *coughcough* You’re asking me for a procedure. Oookay.
Honestly, I don’t have one. 😛 I have only one world, and though it is insanely complicated and intricate it has become so with four years of thinking and dreaming and wondering. Because I followed no procedure. I just unleashed my imagination and let it run wild.…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@spradlin YES! I’m not the only one who gets moody and cross if I haven’t written in a while. *falls onto the floor in relief.* Phew!
I’m not sure how to say why I write.
Maybe I write because it’s the write thing to do. 🙂
or maybe I write….just because.
But yeah I write. I’ll be stuck thinking on this all day now. 😛 -
Daeus replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@emma-flournoy lol, you’re fine! You have a family pass.
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
LOVE THIS IDEA! *high five* @Dragon-Snapper Also love all these awesome responses! Y’all are some pretty motivated people. 🙂
Reasons I Write:
1) It’s how I process things. (This applies to poetry especially.)
2) I can learn (a surprisingly large amount) from what I write.
3) Writing is a teaching tool. But a really cool, not boring one, so…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Alternative Historical Fiction Book Premise in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@clairec *nods head hard* Yes I would read this. Sounds exciting. *goes away nodding heading.*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@emma-flournoy It’s like this. Write the word ‘here’ Then find the link that you want. High-light ‘here’ and click link. Then past your link in it. And you get this – here
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@emma-flournoy It’s like this. Write the word ‘here’ Then find the link that you want. High-light ‘here’ and click link. Then past your link in it. And this – here
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Alternative Historical Fiction Book Premise in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@ClaireC I’d read it. @emma-flournoy The Japanese did bomb Darwin.
It doesn’t sound like alternative history to me though. Alternative history is “a genre of fiction in which the author speculates on how the course of history might have been altered if a particular historical event had had a different outcome.”
So if your premise included a…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Alternative Historical Fiction Book Premise in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
I’d read it. And the Japanese did bomb Darwin.
It doesn’t sound like alternative history to me though. Alternative history is “a genre of fiction in which the author speculates on how the course of history might have been altered if a particular historical event had had a different outcome.”
So if your premise included a world where the Japanese…[Read more]
- Load More

@bluejay I think it was two days.