@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The Hobbit in the forum Book Discussions 10 years ago
@graciekry @his-instrument @jess @clairec @the-happy-bookaholic @dragon-snapper @timothy-young @warrioroftherealm @winter-rose @ingridrd @aysia-serene @adry_grace @daeus @belegteleri @hope @overcomer @vanna @faithdk @kate-flournoy @jadamae @hislittlerose @hannah-krynicki @writefury @hannah-olsen @dbhgodreigns @wordfitlyspoken @hannah-c @spradlin @i…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The Hobbit in the forum Book Discussions 10 years ago
@graciekry @his-instrument @jess @clairec @the-happy-bookaholic @dragon-snapper @timothy-young @warrioroftherealm @winter-rose @ingridrd @aysia-serene @adry_grace @daeus @belegteleri @hope @overcomer @vanna @faithdk @kate-flournoy @jadamae @hislittlerose @hannah-krynicki @writefury @hannah-olsen @dbhgodreigns @wordfitlyspoken @hannah-c @spradlin…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Story book world-HELP! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years ago
@hope & @dragon-snapper Thanks for the suggestions and list. *takes ice cream and chocolate bar.* 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Story book world-HELP! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years ago
@hope & @dragon-snapper Thanks for the suggestion and list. *takes ice cream and chocolate bar.* 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@sarah-h I MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 So sorry. And unfortunately I can’t join you even if you are still going. I have chores that I need to be working on. Try later???? 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@sarah-h *writes note in prayer book* 🙂 I’ll be praying.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@sarah0h *writes note in prayer book* 🙂 I’ll be praying.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I Have Arrived! in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
in a game of CATCH – Chase After The Cowering Human
@anne-of-lothlorien That’s so funny. *reads about laptop* **FAINTS** I managed to drop mine and it didn’t like it. But before that I had to take it in to repairs cause the DVD player wasn’t working. And I was trying to get Chuck Black’s movie entry done. 🙂 So I feel for you. 🙁
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I Have Arrived! in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
in a came of CATCH – Chase After The Cowering Human
@anne-of-lothlorien That’s so funny. *reads about laptop* **FAINTS** I managed to drop mine and it didn’t like it. But before that I had to take it in to repairs cause the DVD player wasn’t working. And I was trying to get Chuck Black’s movie entry done. 🙂 So I feel for you. 🙁
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Structure and Character Arcs in the forum Characters 10 years ago
@mark-kamibaya: Haven’t read McKee yet, but he’s rather high on my reading list. Hopefully I’ll be able to get to his book soon. Since I’m not as familiar with competing structures, because of how broad the three act structure is, my view tends to be that most stories work well with following that basic structure, albeit with certain tweaks…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Evil Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
I like it, @anne-of-lothlorien. However, I feel like something is missing. If you’re going for darker, then it needs to BE darker. (Ask someone more experienced with poetry for help there. 🙂 ) Right now I feel like it’s a little whimsical, and if that’s what you’re going for, great job! (You could use Daeus’s idea to make it even more so.)
One…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Structure and Character Arcs in the forum Characters 10 years ago
I’ve only really studied K.M’s system actually. I like it because it’s fairly simple (once you get to understand it), the plot points make it easy to lay out the pacing for a novel, it is easily tweaked to fit any of the three character arcs, it corresponds directly to the character arc itself, and I’ve been able to observe it in…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Evil Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
@anne-of-lothlorien I do like it, though I think it could use some polishing. For one thing, some of the lines sound too every-day-speechy (e.g. “they don’t fear me”). One of the most important things in poetry is to say things in a way people don’t expect, especially by using metaphors.
One thing that really stuck out to me is that I’d like the…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic I Have Arrived! in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Hey, I’m going to start it tomorrow. 😉 I’ve been…busy. Lots of stuff. Life. You know how it goes. I won’t have it by this Sunday, but I’m hoping to have it ready by the next time we’re at church. *crosses fingers*
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Evil Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
I’ve a feeling @kate-flournoy will like this whenever she gets back on wifi *raises voice* KATTTTTE *sighs* this is what happens when someone leaves the internet. 😉 And I like the poem.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Story book world-HELP! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years ago
@bluejay Well, I have written a Rapunzel retelling, and unpublished Sleeping Beauty retelling, and am currently working on a Hansel and Gretel retelling… As for other fairy tales, have you heard of Rooglewood? They have three books out now, each with five novellas in them focused around one story: Five Glass Slippers (Cinderella); Five Enchanted…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A Tale From Two Views in the forum Poetry 10 years ago
@sarah-h 🙁 Oh well. I’m sure we will make contact again. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@sarah-h *rushes back from having tea* I will definitely be praying for both your brothers.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A Tale From Two Views in the forum Poetry 10 years ago
@sarah-h I actually forgot about these lists. I’ll look at them tonight. (I was wondering what I’d be doing) Thanks for reminding me. Will you be around for writing in an hour and a half???
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@sarah-h Yes, do. He’s back in??? Oh goody! 🙂 God is so faithful. You can tell your brother, that no enemy or problem is too big for God. And since he is fighting on the good side, God is right there beside him. 🙂
- Load More
