-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #7 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@f5a8c3e92 cool. What’s your novel currently about?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Discouragment in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@salome01w4g don’t worry, I hardly ever do either! We need to make it more of a priority, don’t we?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Discouragment in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@salome01w4g pray about it! Seriously, its one of the best things you can do. I don’t pray nearly enough before writing, but I find that when I do it really helps. Remember that you’re writing for God! ask him for help and tell him everything about this story. That’s the best advice I can offer.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #7 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@f5a8c3e92 @jane-maree, @clairec, @any other aussie writers or Americans who happen to be awake. I’ll be writing for the next two hours or so, if anyone would like to join me!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Do You Want to be Part of my Project? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@that_writer_girl_99 my favourite hobby is obviously writing, but since that seems to be a given, I’ll say that my favourite hobby is Scottish highland dancing
a fun fact about me would be…well, this morning I had certain tracks from The Phantom of the Opera and certain tracks from the new Beauty and the Beast soundtrack playing at the same time…[Read more] -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Should I be publishing my new work to my blog? in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 1 month ago
@josiahdeboer, again what @daeus said. Just leave them there for people to enjoy. Concentrate your new stories (which are likely to have improved anyway!) on competitions. It’s very hard to find magazines/competitions which will take pieces which have already been published (though some of them might be more lenient when it comes to a personal…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Beta-Readers for a Short story? in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 1 month ago
@Shannon, thank you! it didn’t give this story a whole lot of thought when I was writing it, it just came out and I really, really liked it.
@Emily, the competition deadline is the 31st August. And thank you, 😀
@that_writer_girl_99 and thank you! I wasn’t expecting to be so moved by writing it either! -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Beta-Readers for a Short story? in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 1 month ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Should I be publishing my new work to my blog? in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 1 month ago
@JosiahDeboer, Personally, I publish only the occasional short story on my blog and I concentrate on submitting them to magazines and/or competitions. That’s just my opinion, but its what I would recommend.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Beta-Readers for a Short story? in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 1 month ago
@Emily @dragon-snapper @that_writer_girl_99
@Shannon I’ve given you access. This is the first time I’ve actually tried to use a google doc, does anyone know if I can make it available for you to simply click on the link and see it? Rather than requesting and allowing access to all of you? -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hi guys! It's me! I've come to join the bestiest place on the internet. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 1 month ago
@josiahdeboer another homeschooler yay!!!! According to my highly scientific study of this kingdom 99.9% of us are/were homeschoolers. I believe that non-homeschoolers are a very rare creature here…*coughs and clears throat* anyway, I’ll stop rambling now. Welcome!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Beta-Readers for a Short story? in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 1 month ago
@Emily @Shannon @dragon-snapper @that_writer_girl_99 Here’s the link, please let me know if it works. its currently 2,665 words long but the competition requires it to be no more than 2,500 words long, so if you have some ideas on what parts I could cut out to shorten it, please tell me. Other than that, I’m happy for any sort of critique,…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Beta-Readers for a Short story? in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 1 month ago
I’d love your help, thanks @Emily!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Beta-Readers for a Short story? in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 1 month ago
@Shannon, @dragon-snapper, @that_writer_girl_99, thank you! I’m just trying to create a Google doc to share with you all and I should have a link posted here soon. thanks!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic What You Think of When You Hear the Word "Texas" in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@Shannon, being Aussie, and only just having woken up, I have extremely stereotyped views of Texas. I`m thinking deserts, cacti, bow-legged cowboys in black ten-galleon hats and stations (ranches?). Kind of like a smaller version of Australia?
-
SeekJustice started the topic Beta-Readers for a Short story? in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 1 month ago
Hey all!
I’m wondering if any of you would be interested in a beta reading a short story of mine. It’s titled “Origami Cranes” and is about 2,500 words long. I’m hoping to enter it in a competition and I’d like a couple of opinions and suggestions about how to improve it.
thanks, 😀 -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Research for writing in the forum Historical 9 years, 1 month ago
@Salome01w4g lots of people use Ancestry for researching family history and I’ve heard its very good, though I haven’t actually used it myself. Other than that, @Northerner has some really good tips which I completely agree with. I’m not really up there in American history, is the Revolutionary War the war for independence from England? I have an…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Names with meanings in the forum Characters 9 years, 1 month ago
@alia, I love names with meanings too! Here are a couple that I found using Behind the Name (a really great site to use for finding names)
Azar–Persian–Fiery
Keahi–Hawaiian–the fire
Rue–English–rue is a type of bitter herb
Merari–Hebrew–bitter (its actually a male name, but I like the sound of it)
Min–Chinese/Korean–quick, clever,…[Read more] -
SeekJustice replied to the topic A writer of both games and books says "Hi!" in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 1 month ago
@Destiny, welcome! *gapes in awe* you have my great respect. You write video games? I didn’t even know that was a thing, and I have trouble working out how to set up an outlook account on a computer. You also compose music? That’s pretty cool! I’m also a superhero fan, though I don’t read comic books, I prefer movies. Are you a DC or Marvel fan?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 1 month ago
@Salome01W4G Welcome! I love historical fiction too and most of what I write is historical fantasy, though I write a lot of short just historical stories. What time period are you writing about now/do you like the best? I’m also homeschooled! its the best, 😀
- Load More
