-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
*gasp* I had no idea. Time zones literally confuse me so much. It’s 6pm here. I haven’t even had dinner. I feel you should probably sleep.
My publishing experience includes a short story in a magazine almost two years ago and a blogful of ramblings. I’m hoping to be traditionally published one day, but I’m happy to look into…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Thanks for that insightful comment. I had actually never considered that to be part of the theme, it just appeared and I had never thought about the fact that her first impressions were different to what he really was. (sort of like Pride and Prejudice, but the other way around).
I was pondering the fact that she fell in love with…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
I’m extra sorry now 🙁
That happened to me when I was replying to comments on my blog the other day, and I was super annoyed because my comment was very long and eloquent 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I’m sorry, it’s really super annoying when that happens. May you have great speed in your rewriting 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 @rochellaine @waterlily
Well, my fangirls, I have some questions for you. These are mostly moral and theme questions, I think, so hopefully they make sense. if they don’t just let me know and I’ll try to rephrase them.
Sapphire: okay….well…*stops to scratch head*. In our day and age, teen girls who have kids are not as frowned…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Welcome to the bestiest place on the internet!! (HAHA I SAID IT FIRST!). Sorry. *coughs* *straightens jacket*
Well, where do we begin! I’m homeschooled too (currently in my last year though), what kind of books do you read? Do you have a current writing project? Where abouts in the world are you from?
Also, what kind of dog is an…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Thanks… *awkwardly trails off*.
I’m glad you weren’t (overly) traumatized by my story. I aim not to utterly destroy my readers ( just my characters *sinister chuckling*)
But seriously, thank you. It means so much.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
That happened to me once but I just googled how to restore unsaved changes or something like that and found instructions on how to get it back! It worked too and I was so pleased!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh thank you! I’m so happy that you enjoyed it!
Thank you, that means so much to me 🙂 I did my absolute best to make the ending hopeful and not too depressing because I hate depressing books (I don’t like Romeo and Juliet either. It’s overly melodramatic and depressing in my view)
I sing a lot too. I mean why talk when…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Any Advice for A Soon-To-Be Blogger? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@audrey-caylin and @jane-maree have basically said everything.
On privacy, you could definitely use a pen name. I personally used my real first name and my initials–Chelsea R.H. my name is fairly common (I’ve googled it before) so I’m not too concerned, but I still don’t want to plaster my full name around the internet. I’m also very vague about…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice and
pickupyourpenandwrite are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Its fun, isn’t it? I like talking in an Irish accent 🙂
Funnily enough, only one main character (and the antagonist) die.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
Oppressive governments aren’t necessarily a cliche, they’re actually a requirement (or less, a complete lack of government), some cliches though would be:
MC is “different” (Divergent, maybe? ;P)
Rebellions ALWAYS work
Communist or Socialist governments. Any type of government can go wrong, so you could try exploring something…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Okay, I’m sorry that I misinterpreted you! I’m glad we’re in agreement on this. I’ll attempt to explain it all better as I revise it. And yes, I definitely tried to portray Justice as unhealthily obsessed with his country (at this point, he doesn’t believe in God, no).
Yes, that all made sense! And no, I don’t believe that all…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Thanks so much for answering those questions!
I like the point you raised about revolution. I don’t like war or fighting at all, but I would never call myself a pacifist. I believe there is a time and a place for war, and I believe that one of the reasons we should fight is to protect those who cannot protect themselves. at the…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
You definitely may read it! I’d love to hear your thoughts 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Let me introduce myself… in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Ooh I love musicals too! Les Mis is my favourite as well. We are now officially friends 😉
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Anyway, I need to be off! I have a presentation tonight.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel I’m glad you’re looking forward to it!
Yep, Charles Dickens. The Hunchback of Notre Dame…now that was a singular book.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Of course I don’t mind! Do you feel like answering the questions I asked Jenwriter17? I could always do with another opinion!
(Thanks, you made me smile! I’m currently planning/outlining the sequel, and I’m so excited about it! This one is A Tale of Two cities retelling).
- Load More
