-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I know it would be so weird! I could be passing people everyday who I know 0nline……It’s strange to think about it.
Both would be effective ways of making new friends…and probably losing some old ones! 😀 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Hey! I haven’t seen you in ages!
I’ve often wondered if I know any the Aussies on here, but I’m pretty sure none of them live around me 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper I’m working on a novella called Rose Mask. It’s a Beauty and the Beast/Phantom of the Opera retelling that I wrote in August last year. I’ve been letting it sit for a bit and now I’m coming back to do the second draft.
@rochellaine Yes, I actually have quite a number of novels. For example, Rose Mask, and another novella called…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper I was actually writing with a keyboard, but I’ll join you ;D I’m doing a readthrough of a first draft and making notes 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I haven’t heard of it, but it does sound cute 😀 What are you working on now?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I am actually! But I’ll be going in five or ten minutes, so I might disappear mysteriously. What did you watch?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I’m certain that I replied to your post yesterday but it seems I didn’t!
However if you’re still around, I just need to go do some washing up and then I’ll be back
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Preserving History in the forum Historical 8 years, 7 months ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine The first part is when Mr Rochester asks Jane to marry him, after pretending to be engaged to another girl, the second bit is just a paraphrase of the lengthy conversation that follow when Jane finds out about his wife, yes :D.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
I think Blueberria sounds fine. It’s quirky and probably would catch a little kid’s attention just because it’s weird.
I know! This robber is also searching for a rare species of butterfly, but now has run into two brown sparkly bears called Smokey and Sauron (named by said four year old brother).
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic The Lord of the Rings in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@gh24682468999 Yes, I think it is!
All right then, I’ll give it a go once I have a bit more time on my hands 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic The Lord of the Rings in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Thanks @gh24682468999 (By the way, your signature is super helpful! your tag confuses me :D) I think the Silmarillion is mainly about the elves isn’t it? it does sound hard, I tried to read it a few years ago and gave up, but I think it’s the kind of thing I’d enjoy once I got a few chapters into it!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic The Lord of the Rings in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@emma-flournoy @ethryndal @dragon-snapper @daeus
Thanks all for answering!
I would say I’m already quite familiar with Tolkien’s work, I’ve read the Lord of the Rings before and I’ve read a fair amount of his poetry and other stuff, but I haven’t read the Silmarillion. However, I’ve been reading an in depth study of the themes in The Lord of the…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice started the topic The Lord of the Rings in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
So, it’s been a few years since I read the Lord of the Rings and I want to do a reread of the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit but I also want to read the Silmarillion for the first time. The question is: should I reread and then read the Silmarillion or read the Silmarillion first?
@daeus @dragon-snapper @winter-rose @ethryndal @aratrea anyone…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Chasm Beasts in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
I think my favourite one is Szabolcs and if I ever find myself writing a high fantasy novel I’ll give that name to an orc captain or something.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Chasm Beasts in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel That first one looks more surprised than evil. 😀 I feel like it should have a fairly cute name and be a bumbling henchman type of creature. I also feel it’s name should end with “Urry” like Gurry or Turry or Lurry, or something weird like that.
I have no ideas for that second one.
the third one looks almost noble. Like, if he could be…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Bye!
I love how depressed Marlin looks. That’s how I feel when I get writer’s block too 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I find that the more I plan, the more excited I get for it, but also the less likely I am to give up on it in the middle. How’s the KPA going?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
- Load More
