-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Are they any good? I am insulted. Of course they are. They are my children 🙂 my works of art. I haven’t finished the sequel yet though.
@rochellaine I’ve been meaning to talk to you about Stars. It occured to me the other day that you are a law student, just like Quillon and Justice, which I find really interesting for some reason.…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Thanks so much!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
*hugs again* 😊
I’m speaking on hope, from the passage in Romans 5 which talks about suffering producing perseverance and perseverance producing character and character hope.
Thanks for praying. 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’ll be praying for your performances. Â *sends encouraging hugs your way*
On the subject though… I’m speaking at my youth group next Friday and I’m sliiiiightly nervous. Could you guys pray that it will go well and that at least some people will be able to take away something from it?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
But I probably won’t be around because we’re going to visit family, so I’ll see you in a few days, maybe 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Okay goodnight! (It’s actually Good Friday today though 😀 Tomorrow will be Saturday!)
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine No worries, I wouldn’t expect you to know much about Eureka either. It was pretty bad. A whole lot of miners started a revolt and people got shot.
I believe Ken Ham was one an early member of Creation ministries, but there was some sort of dispute and he went and founded Answers in Genesis in America. I actually just looked on…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
There are only so many ways to make a flag, yeah, so I worked with a well known revolutionary flag (the Eureka flag) and the Confederate and Scottish flags, just because I like them 😀
I used to have an Answers In Genesis book but I leant it to someone and haven’t seen it since. Most of my books come from Creation Ministries, which…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Right…Well…it’s interesting I’d never heard of that side of it, I’ve just heard about the slavery issue. I did do a whole lot of research on the Confederate flag once though (Fun fact: Justice’s flag was based on the Confederate and Eureka flags combined with the Scottish flag, that’s why I was researching it).
Yeah, it is…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I have no idea about the Civil War. I know that one of the things they were fighting about was slavery, but I imagine that wasn’t all there was to it. I’ve only not read it because I’m not that interested…but yeah, it’s a classic and I have a list of classics to read this year, and it’s on there. So I’ll hopefully get around to it…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Yeah, I thought so, that’s why I didn’t think you’d like it. However, I’ve been having some problems with it so I’ve put it aside for now, I was getting really frustrated with it.
No. Like I’ve said before, I know barely anything about America/American history, and I haven’t read anything about the Civil War. I’ve had Red Badge of C…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Oh cool!
Well, the way I used magic was…I don’t know…the servants, for example, are cursed to be invisible, because they’d treated an outcast girl as invisible, and they wouldn’t become visible until they’d had to weep for an outcast. That sort of thing. No one in it uses magic for their own ends and has it turn out good.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, there’s a little bit, mostly in the form of curses. And ultimately magic makes everything worse, instead of better, but there’s still a little bit. I’ve spent a very long time researching the war…too much time probably! I’ve written a lot of short stories about it, and this novella, but I’ve never actually tried writing a…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Ah, no, I needed to put that one aside for a bit. This is a his-fic one set in World War 1. But you can still read it when I’ve finished. You’ll probably like it more than the Beauty and the Beast one anyway because it has no magic. 😀
The movie? I don’t think I’ve actually seen the start, I can’t remember. when I saw it on YouTube…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’m working on my novella again. I’m getting close to the end, so that’s exciting 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic The 1 and only … me. in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaymart Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I hope you enjoy it here!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Hey, are you around?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Camp NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’m doing Camp NaNo! I’ll be writing the sequel to my child…I mean, my WIP. I think @jane-maree might be doing it too!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’ll definitely be praying for you *hugs*
I’ll be praying for you too *more hugs*
Congratulations on getting so far! I’ll be praying for your tests 😀
I’d forgotten about that :/ but it’s good news!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I know right? I’m so boring. I’d love a steampunk horse though.
Standardbreds can be really weird to ride, especially if they were trotters or pacers like mine were. Some of them won’t canter, and the pacing gait is really weird. Last time I got on a thoroughbred I won an impromptu race and ended up with a sprained ankle which is…[Read more]
- Load More
