@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The extra mile in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@LifeofKatie @GracieGirl so is no one seriously going to mention that you guys are apparently twins??? Hello? LOOK AT YOUR PICTURES. THEY’RE IDENTICAL. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The extra mile in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@Life-of-Katie @GracieGirl so is no one seriously going to mention that you guys are apparently twins??? Hello? LOOK AT YOUR PICTURES. THEY’RE IDENTICAL. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic An Idea…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@CK4always my tag is @Kate-Flournoy. Tag me if you need me; I’m the forum happiness director, so it’s my job to make sure people can find their way around and get their questions answered. 😉
-
Jessi Rae and
Kate Flournoy are now friends 9 years, 1 month ago -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings, earthlings! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 1 month ago
@Jessi-Rae *rests hands on top of sword and grins* Good luck with the conquering… this place tends to work by contraries though. It can’t be conquered. The harder you try the more it conquers you.
Do you know your MBTI type? Are you an INFP? We have a lot of those around here… and incidentally, I’m one. 😉
Hey! I’m doing the Rooglewood…[Read more]
-
Jessi Rae started the topic Greetings, earthlings! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 1 month ago
I am Jessi Rae, spinner of stories and weaver of words, discoverer of fantastical realms and traveler through worlds…
At least, I would be if certain people were more cooperative. *glares at characters from all my stories* Oh, I still travel through worlds and discover fantastical realms, but the inhabitants of these places don’t seem to…[Read more]
-
katie replied to the topic The Catwing Has Landed in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 1 month ago
@catwing – *accepts feathers* I’ve never met a cat with wings! 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Classic book Suggestions in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@SeekJustice Les Miserables by V. Hugo, North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell, Great Expectations by Dickens, The Ball and the Cross by Chesterton, The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis, and several others mentioned already too. You’re going to be drowning in classics. 😀
-
Elizabeth posted an update 9 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy Hey Kate, I’m gonna need your help editing a special project. Is there a specific day that you’d be available to sit on a google doc and chat about edits for a bit?
-
@that_writer_girl_99 well I’m quite flattered. 😉 I actually can’t say at all for certain. It’s summer, which means vegetable season, which means canning, which means upset schedules, which means spur of the moment decisions… yeah. You get it. 😛 But I’m fairly certain Saturday night should be good. Sound good to you?
-
Yeah. And if you can do it sooner, let me know.
-
Will do. 🙂
-
@that_writer_girl_99 welp… *purses lips* There goes that. I was just informed that special secret birthday plans for my little brother are scheduled for Saturday evening.
If you’re on right now I can go with you until eight, but otherwise the next slot is probably gonna be Monday sometime.
-
-
-
-
-
Jessi Rae changed their profile picture 9 years, 1 month ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Classic book Suggestions in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@SeekJustice Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, Little Dorrit, and Nicholas Nickleby (though that one is creepy on the villain side even for Dickens). Also Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451, which though not technically a classic, should be one. 😛
-
Jessi Rae's profile was updated 9 years, 1 month ago
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Classic book Suggestions in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
Um. Here’s the thing. I’m not really into reading classic books–in fact I’m pretty picky about the books I read. I get bored easily, and sitting down to read for long periods of time makes me antsy.
That being said. You’ve probably already read this series, but if you haven’t, the Chronicles of Narnia deserves a look. And I mean the whole…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice started the topic Classic book Suggestions in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
Hey all! I’m in need of some new reading material and I’m wanting to delve deeper into some old classics. So, basically what I’m asking is: what are your favourite classics? What would you suggest I look for?
I’ll tag a couple of people, but feel free to add your suggestions. @daeus, @that_writer_girl_99 @Kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy @jane-maree @d…[Read more] -
SeekJustice started the topic Classic book Suggestions in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
Hey all! I’m in need of some new reading material and I’m wanting to delve deeper into some old classics. So, basically what I’m asking is: what are your favourite classics? What would you suggest I look for?
I’ll tag a couple of people, but feel free to add your suggestions. @daeus, @that_writer_girl_99 @Kateflournoy @emma-flournoy @jane-maree @dr…[Read more] -
SeekJustice started the topic Classic book Suggestions in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
Hey all! I’m in need of some new reading material and I’m wanting to delve deeper into some old classics. So, basically what I’m asking is: what are your favourite classics? What would you suggest I look for?
I’ll tag a couple of people, but feel free to add your suggestions. @daeus, @that_writer_girl_99 @Kateflournoy @emmaflournoy @jane-maree @dra…[Read more] -
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@that_writer_girl_99 @salome01w4g Bye and good night. I only wrote 170 words. *shrugs* Oh, well.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
Signing off. @catwing
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Homework for Videos 6-8: Developing Character Arcs in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 1 month ago
@aratrea Well… it’s been a while since I’ve done these videos, so please excuse if I’m a little vague 😉 However, my friend and I have still been writing our story, and the character I’m focusing on in the homework has started her arc a little now 😀
Characteristic Moment Well, at the start of the characters’ journey, Amrei (I can’t even…[Read more]
- Load More
