@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@Kate-Flournoy @Daeus Symbol? EAGLE, EAGLE, EAGLE! To Soar Like Eagles.…
*snort* I KNOW. But that’s all I’ve ever been able to think of when I’ve thought what you could name it.
Like Kate said though, I think those three sound too contrived. -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@TheAcornMan Ha! That’s funny. Yup, I really love Victor Hugo’s Les Miserables. Have you read it?
The Lord of the Rings is one of my favorites too. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@Daeus of the three I like the last one best, but none of them are really jumping out to me as worthy of the story. Is there something… less generic? Maybe something that more obviously says ‘time travel’?
All three of those also seem slightly forced, theme-wise. *scrunches self down in chair and trails off into unhelpful muttering* I don’t…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@TheAcornMan Hi and welcome! It’s really so cool to have a Brit here now. We have an Irish person but no English.
I’m 16 soon to be 17 and play the violin too, and love British history. 🙂 Do you have a favorite book?(@GracieGirl then we’re almost the same age! *high-five* My birthday’s in early-mid January…sooo, about one month or so before…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Protection in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Yep. 110% what they said.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@salome01w4g There was also Cornwallis, who was a British officer in the American Revolution.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Protection in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Emily I agree. Few people would be expecting it to be anything more an a fiction story, so they won’t be looking for little details that might give away where they live. and even if they do work out the town/area, the likelihood of them working out the identity of your brother and nieces/nephews is pretty slim. but if you’re really concerned, ask…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Protection in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Emily
I agree with what everyone else said. Just change the names of the kids and maybe just don’t mention the location at all. Also, you could make the family only have 3 kids, unless the 4 children is a main part of the story. 🙂 -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Historical Fiction Writers in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Salome01w4g sorry it’s taken me so long to get back to you! I feel there might be a few more around, but I can’t really remember. Historical fiction is awesome though.
Who are your favourite hf writers? Favourite books? -
Jane Maree replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Welp. Apparently in my focused critiquing I completely missed all of you. XD Good writing anyways. I’m still here and still going. 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@salome01w4g @catwing, I have been abandoned!! oh well, ah yes, I remember you telling me about it before, I just forgotten. it sounds good. have you started writing it or are you just outlining?
-
Gracie replied to the topic Protection in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Emily *pops in* The Gracies agree with the Hannahs and the Janes. 😀 *pops out*
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hello! I'm Aislinn in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@Aislinn-Mollisong Yeah, it takes a few tries at the test to figure out your type. I actually prefer to just read the descriptions of each type and decide for myself, but that takes a lot of time. XD
@Dragon-Snapper *swishes cloak and cackles evilly* YESSSS. WE HAVE THE DRAGONSES SURROUNDED, PRECIOUS. YES, YEEESSSSSS.
@Emily You’re an ESFJ?!…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Inspiration for an Art-icle (pun intended) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Mariposa Sorry it’s taken me so long to get back to you on this!
I’m probably biased as well, but I think self-teaching is the way to go too. XD
Yes, I think an inspirational article like you mentioned is a great idea. 😀 And I love to read it when it’s finished! (Totally up to you though, of course. 😉 )AGH, I LOVE RATATOUILLE!! That’s like…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Basic plot. Here we go @seekjustice .
Finding Secrets.
Six friends are called to be a part of the Seven and find three jewels.
As they journey secrets start leaking out and the Seven are put to the test.
But the only way to save Allore and find the jewels is to stick together.It’s Fantasy with some Sci-fi. The VR characters I posted are for…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@catwing cookies aren`t a thing in Aus. Its Tim Tams and biccies all the way. No, we certainly don’t like bug cookies. *shudders*. how is the outlining? What’s the basic plot?
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
*realizes with horror that when she started the last Writers’ Corner she named it “Writer’s Corner”.* *facepalm* Opps…
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@salome01w4g *hands you cookies* Me too. Welcome back.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@seekjustice *look of horror* Aussies don’t eat cookies? Queer. Well there’s extra. *hands you some cookies*
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@bethanysinkyroses I forgot to tag you. Bye! *noms cookies*
- Load More
