@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@daughteroftheking @aislinn-mollisong @emily @salome01w4g @dragon-snapper @jessi-Rae
*enters room with pencil clenched in her teeth* I ill wite ow! Ef amybady won? -
Catwing replied to the topic HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILBO AND FRODO!!! in the forum Book Discussions 9 years ago
*appears in a cloak as Anastasa [A character she invented in her head for LotR and the Hobbit. {The movies because that all she has seen.} She is Soron’s daughter, but is not evil! She is very nice… Mostly. Just depressed. And powerful…]* I have arrived!
So Bilbo and Frodo have the same birthday? *Taps finger on chin* I know!
*hands @winter-ros…[Read more] -
Catwing replied to the topic A writer of both games and books says "Hi!" in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@destiny Thanks!
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILBO AND FRODO!!! in the forum Book Discussions 9 years ago
@epicaddie2 *sigh*
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILBO AND FRODO!!! in the forum Book Discussions 9 years ago
@epicaddie2 Yeah. And I want to fight by Aragorn’s side, to shoot down Orcs and be awesome like Legolas, to “borrow” vegetables and get into trouble with Merry and Pippin, to help Thorin get his home back, to visit Rivendell and the Mirkwood Elves, and so much more…
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILBO AND FRODO!!! in the forum Book Discussions 9 years ago
@epicaddie2 That would be the coolest thing ever!
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILBO AND FRODO!!! in the forum Book Discussions 9 years ago
@epicaddie2 Yeah, pretty much everyone is awesome! The casting directors did a great job. My only wish (other than Thorin, Kili, and Fili surviving) is that I could’ve been in the movies… *sigh* And that I could portal to Middle-Earth and live the adventures with them.
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILBO AND FRODO!!! in the forum Book Discussions 9 years ago
@epicaddie2 I LOVE LOTR and The Hobbit! The movies, not the books (sorry, I thought they were kind of boring, and the Elves are SO much better in the movies). My favorite Lord of the Rings characters are Legolas, Gimli, Aragorn, Merry, Pippin, Sam, and Elrond (I know, the majority of the main cast XD). And my favorite characters in the Hobbit are…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mentorship in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
… Galadriel is chanting like an ewok.
@Ethryndal I think you broke me.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@TheAcornMan Yeah, one definitely has to make an effort to keep themselves from being isolated and just doing their own thing all away from the world. And I mean, we do learn about things we don’t believe, so we’ll be equipped to interact with those who have different views; but not to believe everything we read about. It’s true though; there’s…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mentorship in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
*dying scream* NOW I HAVE THE EWOK CHANT STUCK IN MY HEAD!!
*SOBS*(Well… that makes me happy then. 😉 NOT THAT I KNOW MORE. That I was able to help you with it. 😛 )
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mentorship in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
*dying scream* NOW I HAVE THE EWOK CHANT STUCK IN MY HEAD!!
*SOBS*(Well… that makes me happy then. 😉 NOT THAT I KNOW MORE. That I was able to help you with it. 😛 )
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mentorship in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Ethryndal *chokes* Your ‘writing master’?? *coughs**wipes eyes* S-sorry. I just… always assumed that was sort of a joke…? 😛
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@TheAcornMan *nod* That makes sense. One of my favorite things about it is the flexibility, and all the time you’re able to spend with your family instead of out most of the day, when half that time is just in-between time when you’re not even in classes. When you’re at home, that in-between time can be spent doing something productive, and much…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@Daeus Well…sort of. It probably would interest me still, but I dunno…it sounds too obvious or something. It doesn’t quite click as natural. I’m not sure, which I know is really helpful but there it is.
Well, I thought that and I do think it, except that then I couldn’t think of any way it tied directly into the story or theme. It does, but…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@TheAcornMan Did you like it?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@TheAcornMan OHH! That sounds familiar now…I’m not sure it’s just a European thing actually. I probably just didn’t recognize it right off because I’m homeschooled (it’s awesome). I think I knew the meaning at some point though.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@TheAcornMan Mmm…forgive my ignorance, but what’s half-term? A British thing particularly?
Heheh, yup. And it’s patriotic for you to do so. 😉 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mentorship in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Overcomer oh good. *grins* I like giving people chills.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@Daeus I like it a lot, except that it sort of seems to give too much away. I mean, it’s not really giving anything away, nothing important. But it sounds like it; sounds too info-packed. Or something like that. I don’t dislike it though if that’s the only option.
I REALLY LIKE the gears of the world turn faster thing or something along those…[Read more] - Load More
