@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@seekjustice Bye *sends you off with feathers and chocolates*
@salome01w4g Nooooooooo… Was I too crazy? *farantically flips through Catwing Handbook to Understanding Humans* -
Snapper replied to the topic Is My Main Character Well-Developed? in the forum Characters 9 years ago
@raevynstar Oh…yeah….that would make a Labrador a problem. 😛
@daeus *dances* Yay! Destruction to telling!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@daeus
Well, big thoughts is mainly that you should take out the last paragraph, because although you’re trying to appeal with struggles like that, people might not want to think of themselves as weak or cowardly, if you know what I mean. Maybe they know that subconsciously, but who wants to admit that they are a coward? I mean, a Christian might…[Read more] -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Also @dragon-snapper @catwing @shannon @emily @salome01w4g @daughteroftheking My family is going away this weekend so I won’t be around. Have fun writing and I will see you Monday!
(Nice to have you back too, Emily and Shannon) -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@salome01w4g haha yes. I purposely said bloke because you said dude and that’s not really a word we use in Australia.
Yesterday my sister and I were trying to replicate the way an American singer was saying God. I don’t know if all Americans say it the way he was saying it or just his accent or because he was singing… I don’t know. It was funny…[Read more] -
SeekJustice replied to the topic The Author's Attic in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@rolena-hatfield its super pretty. I didn’t get to have a good look around but I definitely will later
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@emily thank you! I like your new profile photo too. Its really pretty 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi fellow KaPeeFers!!! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@jess-penrose XD Yeah, that’s my thoughts. 😀 You might have noticed I have very strong opinions on these things. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@Dragon-Snapper *scowls* We are not taking over the kingdom.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@xonos-darkgrate as someone who has read and reread this story, I can assure you it’s anything but simple. In many ways it’s a lot like most classical literature— the premise it’s built on is very basic, almost simple, and yet when you read the story it’s nothing you ever would have guessed.
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Author's Attic in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@rolena-hatfield I love your blog! Your Attic looks so nice!
-
katie replied to the topic The Author's Attic in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@rolena-Hatfield – I love it! And I love the name 🙂
-
katie replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
Hi @raevynstar and welcome to KP! 🙂
-
katie replied to the topic Hello, Hello, Hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
Hi @kballen and welcome to KP 🙂 I hope you enjoy it here!
-
katie replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@daeus – great synopsis. I agree with @kate-flournoy about the first sentence. It seemed a little too long; not attention-grabbing enough..:)
And I liked the way @salome01w4g reworded your last paragraph.
Personally, I think it just needs a little bit of rewording; in places it’s kind of long and doesn’t seem quite “powerful” enough, but oth…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@kate-flournoy He forgot to tag me too. Can we take over the kingdom now? How bout now? Now?
@daeus Well…do you want my big thoughts or little thoughts? -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@Daeus *sniffs* You forgot to tag me.
But looks like I’m first to the party anyway, so here goes. XDFirst off, I really like it. The only suggestions I have are a few tweaks to the wording.
The first line, I think, would be better as simply ‘Trevor is in a mess. After traveling back in time, he and his sister are now…’ etc. It leaves out…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@raevynstar Hello there! Glad you found us! If you have any questions about KP, the forums, or whatever, feel free to ask anyone!
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@raevynstar Welcome to KP! Where do you live?
Yes, humans. Those are the biggest monsters possible for a good story!
That is a huge truth. Humans will ALWAYS be more interesting to read about than any kind of creature. Whether they’re good or bad. 😛
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@xonos-darkgrate @that_writer_girl_99 I’ll be praying for both of y’all.
- Load More
