@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@XonosDarkgrate are you a Rogue One fan???
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Unlikable 12-Year-Old MC in the forum Characters 9 years ago
@raevynstar
I think you could do one of two things. You could go with what @daeus said and make her completely confident in herself…or you could make her doubt herself and her abilities. Maybe she’s really insecure and doesn’t quite know who she is. Anyway, just some thoughts. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@Daeus yep. Nailed it.
-
katie replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@daeus – I.LOVE.IT. Bravo! 🙂
Have some ice cream:🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨
-
Gracie replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@Daeus I likey. 👍 😃
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
@Emily
I love that quote…and the lighthouse. 🙂 -
Gracie replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@Daeus *dashes in with thoughts* *realizes everyone else has already voiced her thoughts* *is slightly at loss for what to do* 😜
Only two things really stood out to me…
1. As Kate said, mentioning Jerrold in that fashion makes him sound more important to the plot than actually was. I mean, he was a TON important to Trev’s character arc and the…[Read more] -
Gracie replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
@Emily Neato! I know everyone’s kinda already said it but wowza that sunset. 😍 And the lighthouse is adorable. *really wants to climb it* 😜
-
Mariposa Aristeo and
Gracie are now friends 9 years ago -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
I’m just gonna…let everyone else talk. My brain is fried…
-
Snapper replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
Well, the version of a synopsis I know is a maximum of 10 page summary of a book that describes the plot, characters, message, world and the writer’s thoughts. Soooo… I assume these are slightly different things in Australia. That’s all.
That’s my definition of a synposis too…I mean, that’s a good reason for writer’s to hate…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@daeus I agree about the last sentence/paragraph thing (and most of what the others said about rewording throughout). I don’t think the whole thing should be dumped, but particularly just the last sentence sounds sort of pushy and/or excluding or something along those lines. If you were to cut it, it might need replacing with something else, but I…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Author's Attic in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@rolena-hatfield That’s great! It’s really cute. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Looking For Critique Of Realistic Middle-Grade Book in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years ago
@raevynstar I must decline (way too much going on 😉 ), but I hope you get the help you need.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@raevynstar Cool. 🙂 I’m in Southern Ohio.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Author's Attic in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
*scowls at technology in general* Sorry guys… if any of you have followed the link and been horribly confused, I tried to fix something backstage because one of my pages was acting up and I think I just made it worse. I’ll try to get it back up and organized as soon as possible.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Author's Attic in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@rolena-hatfield wellll… *glances around cautiously*
Okay, yes. Apparently my secret is out. I do have a blog. I’ve had it for a while; I just haven’t been able to be active on it yet. I went ahead and set it up for graphic design purposes, but I’m waiting to finish up the very lastest of my last extracurricular school projects before I start…[Read more] -
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
@emily That sunset picture is pretty.
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic The Author's Attic in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@rolena-hatfield I have a blog: http://www.thetinytealtypewriter.com Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share it. 😊
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic The Author's Attic in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@emily Thank you! I’m very fond of attics myself 🙂
@lifeofkatie @seekjustice Yay! More bloggers coming out of the shadows! I will check them out!
- Load More
