@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Beta Readers for Fairytale Scifi Book! 🙂 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years ago
@livylynn hey did you find the message I sent you with my email? If not, click on my profile pic and you’ll find my message to you. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@catwing lol. XD
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
@emily
Saaaaame! -
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Bye…
-
Catwing replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
*nothing happens* *flies down* Hummm… *examines paper tube that contained pixie dust* Ohhhh… *disappointed* I think I just sprinkled colored sugar on everyone. *throws down ‘pixie dust’ tube* *stomps on it* *Shreds it into tiny pieces* shame on you marketing company! Willy Wonka! *hiss* I spent good money on you! *destroys tube into…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic Salutations, writers. I'm Xonos Darkgrate. in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
Maybe you were clicking the wrong one? @xonos-darkgrate
-
Catwing replied to the topic Fairy Tale Retelling in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
Cool cover! @jess-penrose
-
Catwing replied to the topic Fairy Tale Retelling in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
Oh! I have an animal like example now! Story Bound by Malissa Burt!
-
Catwing replied to the topic Fairy Tale Retelling in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@jess-penrose You are welcome. I imagined a talking zebra and it was a comical character, so…
I like those characters. They add spice and salsa.
Also most animals like to eat. 😉
I plan on lots of fun for the catwings in my book. *trys to not explode from excitment*
For talking animals you could take one of two paths (there may be others):
Make…[Read more] -
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Finished editing chapter 18! It was longer. Only 18 left!
The Legend of the Guardians
The Echidna: When your wings are weak, and you feel like you can’t fly any farther, you’re halfway there.
Gylfie: What’d he say?
Digger(enthusiastic): We’re halfway there! -
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
-
Catwing replied to the topic Fairy Tale Retelling in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
Wait you didn’t say anything about a dragon or talking zebra *realizes you did mention dragon* Still… They can help her. Perhaps the godparents argued on the gifts and one got her the dragon and the other got her the talking zebra. This could greatly annoy said zebra (and dragon).
Sounds like something I will want to read! -
Catwing replied to the topic Fairy Tale Retelling in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@jess-penrose You are very welcome. I think the fairy godmother being a romantic would cause issues especially if Terayn isn’t. Her fairy godmother can pester her about it.
Though what the pendant’s powers are can effect the story too.
Another thought… what if she has more than one fairy godmother? Or also a fairy godfather? -
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
I watch that show some too. @emily
*continues writing and getting distracted and writing* -
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Welcome. @emily
-
Catwing replied to the topic Fairy Tale Retelling in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@jess-penrose I am active and love fairy tale rewrites! Bonus points! anyway…
Cinderella.
So what you’re saying is she goes to the ball, but not because she likes the prince. Because she doesn’t and wants the pendant back?
I got a few things…
The prince knows what she looks like or she thinks he does. She needs her fairy godmother to change…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Fairy Tale Retelling in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
Yeah, @Hope‘s definitely the one to ask if you have fairytale questions. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Fairy Tale Retelling in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@jess-penrose this looks like a very solid idea. However, the one thing that’s sticking out to me is that you have no plot twists. There are no reveals— no changing of the scene or forcing existing scenes to be viewed in different lights.
One of the reasons for this is that Taryn has one goal to pursue throughout the entire story and it’s the…[Read more] -
Catwing replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@kate-flournoy Think happy thoughts. *flies around room sprinkling pixie dust on everyone* Fly! Think happy thoughts! (That’s from Peter Pan)
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@catwing THAT’S IT. I LOVE YOUR OPTIMISM. KEEP IT UP. DO NOT SUCCUMB TO THE DARK SIDE.
I may or may not actually have half a dozen scenarios worked up in my head about how his redemption arc could go… and how the moviemakers could ruin it. *scowls*
Optimism though. We must be optimistic. - Load More
