@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper I’m back! It was chili and crackers… Yum.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing Very well. Tag me when you return from the land of dinner. Whatcha eating?
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper I have to eat my dinner… But afterwards I will return!
@salome01w4g Bye. -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing Are you still on?
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@salome01w4g *eats chocolate* What are you working on?
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@salome01w4g *hands you and your friend chocolate* Welcome. I’m working on the synopsis for the back of my book. (I still have to edit 6 chapters, but it may be dinner soon… So I’m working on this. 😉 )
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing Ah, I see. The writing class I’m in starts at 8:30 my time and ends at 10:00 or 10:30, so that’s why I was on so late. And then I had to check all my Kingdom Pen notifications so I wouldn’t have 40-some this morning. XD
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@jessi-Rae That you were on at that time. and have a online writing class. And that I tagged you. Basically what you had said.
@jane-maree Welcome. -
Jane Maree replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 @Jessi-Rae @Aislinn-Mollisong @anyone else who’s still here and I’ve overlooked (shame on me)
Hello, hello, and I am here to write. *waves* -
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing What’s interesting?
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@jessi-Rae That’s intresting…
@dragon-snapper @aislinn-mollisong @that_writer_girl_99 @salome01w4g @epicaddie2 I’m on until my dad is done mowing. 🙂 -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 @aislinn-mollisong I’m off for dinner now. I wrote 830 words. Bye!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@that_writer_Girl_99 @aislinn-mollisong I’m going to see how many words I can get down as well. *cracks knuckles* Here we go!
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
*taps mic* anyone out there? I’ll be…well, I don’t know what I’m doing. Probably just throwing words on a page. If anyone wants to join me, you’re most welcome. @ethryndal @jessi-rae @dragon-snapper
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 Imma side with @Ethryndal, but I see where you’re coming from. My sister Elizabeth agrees. 😉
My beans with genuine characters is… if they’re ONLY genuine, they fall kind of flat. They need to be dynamic too, and Luke leaves things to be desired in that area, especially considering he’s the hero.
The thing about ‘useless’…[Read more] -
Elizabeth replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Exactly. He isn’t an incredibly ideal character, but he is genuine, and I think that’s what sets him apart from each of the other Star Wars characters. His hardships didn’t begin until he was much older, giving him that sort of “spoiled brat” vibe. Until, of course, he discovered he has to save the world. That tends to mature a person. @ethryndal
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
*snorts* I can’t say I see the resemblance.
Okay but seriously. You see my point, right? About Luke? @ethryndal
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 @Ethryndal is right. Let’s just say… world domination is a favorite hobby of mine.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@ethryndal *pauses sobbing uncontrollably to glare scathingly at you* What is it with y’all and patting me head? Why must everyone pat my head? I cannot be consoled!
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
You know, I think what the two of you miss about Luke’s character is he’s…what, eighteen in the movie? Nineteen? Speaking as an eighteen year old myself, I think I would react similarly, if I was dropped into Luke’s situation.
Ugh, why can’t you guys dislike a more useless character? Lando Calrissian? Grand Moff Tarkin? Every single one of…[Read more]
- Load More
