@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Ingrid started the topic Character/Story Theme Songs in the forum Music 8 years, 11 months ago
Sooooo…I wondered if you had any songs that make you think of someone/a certain scene in your stories. Possibly even your entire story. Just some music that makes you go, “this is the story of my character’s life!” or “this is my villain’s theme.” Anyways, thought this might be fun. 🙂
@emily @dragon-snapper @that_writer_girl_99 @kate-flournoy…[Read more] -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Greetings in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
*moans petulantly* Why are there no Floridian KeePers?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic World building advice? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 11 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 😂 😂 😂
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic World building advice? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 11 months ago
What can I say? I learned from the best. 😉 @kate-flournoy
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic World building advice? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 11 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 a girl after my own heart. 😉
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic World building advice? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 11 months ago
My thoughts exactly @kate-flournoy. That, to me, makes it one of the most interesting aspects of world-building.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic World building advice? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 11 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 good thoughts. I played around a lot with government and where it fits in, but it was so equally part of all four of the pillars I couldn’t bring myself to make it its own separate one. 😛
It’s probably the most perfect manifestation of a country’s EiL within itself, whereas Economy is a further exploration of that outside of…[Read more] -
Elizabeth replied to the topic World building advice? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 11 months ago
*grins* *offers her advice even though she wasn’t tagged* @kate-flournoy and I have actually discussed this a lot recently, because my new WIP has a huge world–actually, two worlds, each with very different takes on the four pillars she mentioned.
1. History
2. Religion
3. Geography
4. EconomyIf I could squeeze in a fifth one, though, I’d add…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic World building advice? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 11 months ago
@epicaddie2 Ooooh I was talking about this a while back… let me go copy and paste my emails… XD
It’s a fairly simple thing, but once you delve into it there’s a lot to work with.
Basically, I came up with four pillars I think every culture is built on.1. History
2. Religion
3. Geography
4. EconomyIn that order. History and Religion…
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
*grins* @salome01w4g I’m glad you’re safe, love. You’re in my prayers.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@salome01w4g Are you alright, my dear? Your post about the storm sounded rather panicky. I hope you’re okay–I’m no big fan of storms myself, so I can relate.
-
Joy and
Gracie are now friends 8 years, 11 months ago -
Ingrid replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Inspiration Board in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
WOAH, that turned out way bigger than I was expecting…😁
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Inspiration Board in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago

-
Ingrid replied to the topic Inspiration Board in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@emily-d Great quotes! Lol, that last one though…
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Greetings in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@dekreel Just young, eh? 😉
-
Gracie replied to the topic The Golden Ziggurat in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus Ergh! I JUST remembered that I leave Friday for a camping trip. 😕 (Man, how in the world did I forget that?!) I’ll be gone for a couple days so I wouldn’t be able to make the deadline.
I’m afraid I must withdraw my offer. 😔
But best of luck to you with the story! -
Jane Maree replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@SeekJustice alrightyo then. Farewell until next our paths cross! *salutes*
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@jane-maree I must leave you now. 🙂
- Load More
