@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic How would you start a riot? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper the wise and great Chosen One has spoken. 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic How would you start a riot? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@sam-kowal well, it needs to get violent, because eventually the male main character is alarmed by the riot he’s started and tries to stop it and then the military come along and arrest several of the characters, including my female main character, so storming a house or destroying something might be a good idea.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
Thanks:D
Stan really appreciates it. I almost feel like he’s actually grown a bit since coming here!
Yes! Brandon Sanderson is great. Calamity is a really good ending to Reckoners, too. It’s a bit sad to say goodbye to all the characters though
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic How would you start a riot? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Emily I always value your input. 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@sam-kowal welcome! *shakes hand vigorously* *hugs Stan* *pats his head*.
Oooh, Brandon Sanderson!! I LOVE his Reckoner Trilogy, though I haven’t read Calamity yet.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Because I promised I would… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 I am
Ohh
Dragons! I didn’t think of that. You know that Ent stuff that Pippin drank in LoTR? Yeah, get some of that
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper Yeah. I mean, just, No. Please no carrot pizza.
*gleefully plunges into piles of virtual ice cream*
*immediately jumps back out because of how cold is*
*realizes he ruined all the ice cream*
*looks downcast*
*virtually makes more*
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
Thanks!
But I bet you’re right. Cause everyone would think of something they wanted to gather everyone for. And me? I’d just be ringing it constantly anyway 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
Ew. Carrot pizza. No.

*throws virtual ice cream everywhere* 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
Hey, look, I’m a charismatic rebel now.
*exults in his glorious charisma*
*Quickly gets dispatched by government’s Anti-Rebel task force*
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
Excellent. We can have a virtual ice cream party sometime!
😀 that’s really funny. I hope it wasn’t carrot pizza though? That goes against all my sense of good taste
-
Snapper replied to the topic War-Torn City in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
Thanks for the input guys! I think I figured it out. The electricity for the entire city was taken (by means which I shall not post for fear of spoilers. That’s way there’s no standing danger for my characters, like lava or smoke, or nuclear waste or… *cough* monsters and demons ( @daeus , if ever I need the randomiest idea ever, you’re the man)…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@sam-kowal Ice cream? Oh yeah, you’ll fit right in. Ice cream is highly prized here abouts.
XD funny you’d mention carrots and pizza. I had those in the same meal the other day. *shrugs* Don’t know why though. 😛
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic How would you start a riot? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hmm
@seekjustice well then maybe they could start storming elite houses? And taking the elite hostage? I think they’d be too stirred up to do anything logical
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
*waves hand slowly in front of eyes* You will read The Count of Monte Cristo. It is the book you’re looking for. *Silently raises hood of black cloak* *walks away mysteriously*
@supermonkey42 You are not the droid we’re looking for. *waves hand dramatically* Move along.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Because I promised I would… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy big books are good! I love big books! I’ll read your book!
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic How would you start a riot? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
*What @kate-flournoy and @jane-maree said*
I think the big thing is, mobs and riots go crazy, so they don’t need a logical explanation for the things they do, but they do need at least a small trigger for their actions. So, say there are two factions of screaming rioters, and one of them throws a stone. That’s going to cause…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic How would you start a riot? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@jane-maree @kate-flournoy @Shannon that’s true. we humans like to play follow the leader, don’t we? if someone starts it, we’ll follow along, even if we don’t necessarily know what’s going on or agree with it.
@Emily they’re angry about the way they’re being treated. they’re rebelling against the elite, but also encouraging the elite to join…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic How would you start a riot? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Because I promised I would… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yes! I do
huge books have a kind of magnetism on me, so once you said 500k words my mind was like “READ NOW!”
Yeah, tag me! That’ll be really cool.
*immediately grabs notebook and tries to start planning his own epic*
- Load More

