@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Joy started the topic Hole in my Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@daeus @aratrea @jane-maree @kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy @emily @epicaddie2
Some of you probably know that I am writing a Doctor Who novella. Well, I need some help. (Don’t worry, you don’t have to be a Whovian XD) There is a giant hole in my plot! So far I have this:
The Thirteenth Doctor needs to solve a riddle given to her by someo…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Thanks, @charisetter. Oooh, parellel universe! *sci-fi brain gears turning*
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia Yeah me neither. What is “dystopian?”
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia Is it for NaNoWriMo? (Mine isn’t)
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hello, @alia! Yeah I’m working on my novella a little bit (it’s a Dr Who novella 😉 ) What are you working on?
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writing Letters Within a Book in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon Historically, moving mail was kind of a long process. People had to trek it a long ways to get to its destination, without a fast means of transportation. Plus, a lot of the poorer people couldn’t afford to send a lot of letters. In a rural area (like the gold fields of California would have been early on) it could be kind of tricky to…[Read more]
-
Snapper and
Sage G are now friends 8 years, 10 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Anybody?
@supermonkey42 @inkling-for-christ @graciegirl @emma-flournoy @that_writer_girl_99 @anyone-else
-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
You know you are a writer when you see, feel or hear something and think, “That is so archetypal and symbolic” and you just wanna write about it like right now!
-
Joy replied to the topic Writing Letters Within a Book in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon My pleasure!! I love writing letters 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Writing Letters Within a Book in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon I like writing my friends and relatives a lot, so if someone close to me went working in a gold mine, I’d ask him (or her, I’m just gonna say him 🙂 ) how he’s doing, and that I miss him. I’d ask him what the people there are like, and if he has made new friends. Also I’d ask how the weather is, and how it differs from where he used to…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic First Fantasy Story in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily If you have time to write it, pleeassee let us read it 😀
And… okay, so fantasy is pretty similar to a regular story… except, basically, you can do whatever you want with the characters and world. You want to make sure you still have elements like a conflict or something the characters are trying to accomplish (inner or outer) like…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Gospel-related themes in our writing in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 10 months ago
@gh2468246899 , 🙂 great question
I usually write fantasy, and in my opinion that’s a genre that a writer can quite easily present truths about the world or the gospel.
Saving others and giving yourself up for someone or a greater cause is a good way to point to the truth, and there’s also other things
Writing stories about emptiness or…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic First Fantasy Story in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 10 months ago
Yikes @emily sorry love, looks like I’m late. Any other burning questions I could (try) to answer for you?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Of Fairytales and Beta-readers in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 10 months ago
@Emily its fine if you can’t do it! I’m currently having trouble finding time to edit it myself anyway at the moment! 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic First time writing historical fiction in the forum Historical 8 years, 10 months ago
@epicaddie2 Yay! you’ve decided to write some HF!! *dances around the room*.
historical fiction is really cool, but it takes a lot of work, so it’s not for the faint of heart.
However, don’t be discouraged! I write a lot of HF so i’ll give you a few of my humble tips.
#1. Read good historical fiction! if you want to learn about writing…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic First Fantasy Story in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 10 months ago
@Emily I admit that I have never written a typical fantasy (think Narnia or Lord of the Rings). I usually write historical fantasy, so I usually write in a historical time period in the real world with magical elements before. But here are a few things to consider:
The World–What’s the name of the world? is it a democracy? a monarchy? what’s the…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia all right, let’s agree to disagree (or duel to the death with sabres, I don’t mind which :P) and not hijack poor @inkling-for-Christ ‘s thread! I like Frodo, and I like Sam, and the one who truly annoys me is Legolas. 🙂
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Jewelry Business Name in the forum Art 8 years, 10 months ago
@Shannon Welp, that does make sense. Glad to be of some service. 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic First Fantasy Story in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia That’s a really cool map generator! I had been wondering where and how I was going to draw a map for my KP adventure! Thanks!
@emily In my opinion, in fantasy you can create, add or change whatever you want with it! Sorry, not a very detailed answer, but, you know, that’s my opinion! If it fits, add it! Fantasy is fantasy! You are basically…[Read more]
- Load More
