@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writing Letters Within a Book in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon I am a little late, but I hope not by too much. 😀
So…letters eh? Um… With some of my letters I like to talk about what I’ve been working on recently. If your characters are Christians, they can talk a bit about God too. Also, big events, even if its something that only in the news. Coal mine news is certainly interesting. There…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
@cindygreen *bows*
-
Joy replied to the topic Hole in my Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly Actually they meet Dekreel because he lives there, and the riddler specifically wants Time Lords (don’t ask why) which is why the Fifth is there too. He basically lured the TARDISes to the planet.
@that_writer_girl_99 The Thirteenth that I’m using is not the same one as Jodie Whittaker’s Doctor. This one is my Doctor. I s…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hole in my Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel you mean by “they find the riddler” they find the person who gave them the riddle? But in the excerpt it looked like the riddler already came to them
As far as what they do in between… well, in my opinion they would try to solve the riddle, of course. Once they’ve landed on the planet and need to find the answer to the riddle, they’ve…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Hole in my Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
*grins* Can I just say that I really, really love that you’re using Thirteen for this? I’m so excited to see her on the show.
I can definitely see the problem you’re having, and I’ve experienced it before. I’d say for starters, you should explore the relationship between the Doctor and this Riddler person. Does he/she have a connection to the…[Read more]
-
Ingrid posted an update 8 years, 10 months ago
Hey, friends!
Just wanted to give you lovely people a heads-up that I will be eating lots and lots of pie and stuffing this week with family (aka celebrating the American holiday of Thanksgiving). That being said, I will have little time to keep up with the activity here, though I would very much like to. 🙂 Talk to you soon!
@salome01w4g @emily…[Read more] -
Louise Fowler replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
You know when you’re a writer when you find a character/scene/plot that you like, and wonder how you can write your own without it seeming like you were copying it.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you feel guilty about killing one of your characters because your little sister has the worlds biggest crush on him and constantly reminds you of it.
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@epicaddie2 ‘Nother quick question: Is there a name for the “world” in which Rangers live? Like a state and/or country?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@daughteroftheking Hi! Whew! It was getting spooky here all alone. XD
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic First Fantasy Story in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily I’m so sorry. I really did mean to get back to you earlier, but it looks like someone answered before I could.
My current WIP uses a bunch of different “fantasy” aspects. I’m not sure there are any characteristics that would properly define a fantasy novel in the way you seem to be thinking. A fantasy is something that isn’t real, so most…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
*sigh…* anyone else here?
@dragon-snapper @catwing @seekjustice @alia @perfectfifths @epicaddie2
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily It’s going okay… I’m trying to create the setting. Like he lives here and they live there and that island goes over there… It’s very complicated
Seeya later!
Hello, @winter-rose
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily Go on ahead! Nice to have company 😉 Working on your fantasy story?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose Oh, hello! Am I too late? I think I’m going to work on my KPA (Kingdom Pen adventure) plans.
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Writing Letters Within a Book in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
I don’t usually put letters in books, because I haven’t had the need to. 😛 But I would think that, if the letter wasn’t of much significant importance to the plot, then you might not even need to write out the letter in the story. You can tell in the narrative the character got a letter that day, maybe summarise the general basics of what it…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler posted an update 8 years, 10 months ago
I just started reading The Count of Monte Cristo. I didn’t know what I was in for. This book has 117 chapters…
Challenge accepted!!
@daeus This is your favourite, isn’t it?
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@inkling-for-christ I’m pretty sure Time Lords are the only Gallifreyans who are able to pilot a TARDIS. It comes with their training, I guess. *shrug*
And it is NOT a problem. I am SOOOOO excited!!!! That rant I just did was out of joy, if that’s what you mean 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
*runs into bathroom and locks self up* *screaming something about a Time Lord being in my story* *emerges and hobbles back with red face* GASP phew! Thanks, @inkling-for-christ!
Attention: NO MORE CHARACTER SUBMISSIONS, PLEASE! Story-preparing phase #1: “Characters” is now finished I am now going into story-preparing phase #2: “Setting.”
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia Yea so am I… Seeya!
- Load More

Mmm, pie… Have fun!