@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Ingrid replied to the topic I'm rubbish at this… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@daeus Thank you, thank you, thank you. Wow, that flows so much better…I’m gonna rewrite it, using your tips. 🙂
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@daughteroftheking My brother says that’s from Raiders of the Lost Ark. Is he right??
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@daughteroftheking OOooh! I should have known that!! *facepalm*
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon Wow, that’s hard, but I feel like I should know it! 😛 I keep thinking Stitch from Lilo and Stitch, but I know it’s not him.
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper But I do like that movie. 😉
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper No. 😉
@shannon Yes. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon Yeeeahh. That’s the problem about pansting. Along with a lot of other things…but it can be fun! There is funness to it… 😀
And I’m signing out now, having managed to write an extremely impressive 98 words.

-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@perfectfifths Completely random guess, probably wrong, but is it the Polar Express?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon Pansting is fun–ah those good old days with no plot whatsoever. *contended and at the same time scared sigh*
And I’m writing my current novel, a futuristic utopian. Maybe I entioned this before, but the first ten chapters are never easy for me. It’ll get easier but I have to find my groove first.
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@daughteroftheking Have fun hibernating. 😉 And yes, I am! I’m about 12% of the way through (according to Goodreads 😛 ).
@jane-maree You have had to write at least 5,000 words day! I applaud you! *applauds* 😉
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
*Can’t remember if there was a new quote given so gives one herself*
“Are you a ghost?”
“No. Are you?”Could be slightly off, but that’s how I remember it. It’s been years since I’ve seen this movie. 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon Well, I was just about to quit for tonight, but I’ll stay if you’re here. Company is nice when writing is not cooperating. 😀 Whatcha up to?
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Switching Between POVs in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@supermonkey42 I actually just beta read a novel where it was like this: the MC’s scenes in first person, and then other scenes in 3rd person. It rolled along fine and was very intriguing. So long as the reader knows who’s who, I’d say go for it 🙂
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic I'm rubbish at this… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@ingridrd that’s great! I definitely want to read this one day 😀
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
I actually need to skedaddle myself…farewell!
(And to answer your question @shannon, I am not a “coffee hater” but I don’t drink coffee. However, I absolutely adore coffee ice cream…especially Haagen Dazs.
Okay, I’m outta here. 😉
-
Ingrid replied to the topic I'm rubbish at this… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@audrey-caylin Thank you so much!  Those are some great ideas.
@supermonkey42 @shannon @emily @daughteroftheking
Here is the new and (hopefully) improved version.
Fifteen-year-old Jaclyn Fallows’ world has been turned upside down—again. That is about the only part of her miserable life she can understand. The rest of it? Not so much. Sh…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon Howdy, friend! *shovels ice cream into mouth* *sighs happily*
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic I'm rubbish at this… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@ingridrd Writing a synopsis is super tricky. Yours does an excellent job of hooking the reader–I’m really interested in your story now! 😀
I like the first sentence a lot. The next paragraph gets a little confusing. Are all the things listed there what is already upside down about Jaclyn’s life, or what just turned upside down? I think if…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@perfectfifths Thanks! It was a lot of crazy writing. 😛
@daughteroftheking *salutes back* I’m also slightly insane… XD
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose Substitute is the name. 🙂 I actually just posted the synopsis here if you want to read it. 🙂
- Load More
