@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic The Show Don't Tell Me Rule in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@inkling-for-christ I just randomly stumbled across this forum topic, and I’m so glad I did! Definitely signing up 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic If KP was Edible… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@mariposa *blinks* Stop torturing me.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Show Don't Tell Me Rule in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
😀 I got the same email
Stan and I got the course, too
I’m really liking it so far
I’ve watched about half of Part 1
All I can say is, @daeus thanks for making such a good learning tool available for free, and great job
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Rook's Book Blurb in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@winter-rose XD This sounds really funny
I’m guessing Rook is actually an alternate version of Sam, from another dimension?
I don’t have much experience with blurbs, but I like this one. It seems slightly long, like the others are saying.
“A different bodyguard would give anything to protect a member of the Slate family.
Not Rook. Not if his…
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Rook's Book Blurb in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@Winter-Rose ooh I love it. The others have said my thoughts basically, but I would echo that yes, my first impression was that it was a little long, so if you could cut down some of it, it might be better.
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic If KP was Edible… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy *dives into eggnog and rescues drowning maiden (or dragon as the case may be)*
@dragon-Snapper Here I’ll make you even more hungry:…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic My Writing New Years Resolutions and Goals 2018 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 I like all the shows you mentioned (Hoss is my favorite character too), but I also like The Virginian, Father Knows Best, Daniel Boone, Family Affair, Wagon Train, Laramie, and The Donna Reed Show.
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Rook's Book Blurb in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@winter-rose Be sure to put me and Aberdeen on your beta-readers-in-waiting list. 😁
-
Snapper replied to the topic How to (realistically) kill a dragon in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@gabbyj *hands you hot chocolate* Worry not. I know my close relatives can get out of hand sometimes. 😛
@theacornman I love your signature. XD
-
Snapper replied to the topic If KP was Edible… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@mariposa This is epic. 😀 XD Love the frogs. And my fire.
The only thing I don’t like about it is that you’re making me hungry.
-
Snapper and
Jenna Terese are now friends 8 years, 9 months ago -
Joy and
Jenna Terese are now friends 8 years, 9 months ago -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
I love that @princessfoo!
Thank you so much, guys! Remember, any topic is welcome, so don’t feel like you have to wait on me to okay a topic! Share anything that comes to mind! @dekreel @jenwriter17 @lady-iliara
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@alia Well, you’re right, a lot of it was a copy… but for some reason they played it in a way that seemed fresh to me. Although, I will say, the characters were definitely a stronger point than the plot
I think it would have been great for Rey to turn to the dark side, too 😀
That moment when Kylo says “Let’s leave everything behind. Snoke,…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Kingdom Pen Songwriting Corner in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
@shannon Yep, I play guitar… more like I’m learning it right now
I can’t play super fast fingering
🙂 That’s another good idea. If I have enough time, I might try to that at some point.
@aislinn-mollisong XD XD @dekreel You’re right. That does sound like an awesome first line 😀 I wouldn’t be so sure you can’t write songs @aislinn-mollisong…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic What Stan and I did on Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@catwing … that would make sense. And you’re right, the laws of physics and order are completely different there, in some ways
@lady-iliara 😀 Thanks! I’m glad
-
Joy replied to the topic The Wingfeather Saga Short Film in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@christi-eaton I just watched the Wingfeather Saga short film last night! It was cool! I liked Peet X)
I loved he part where it was sparkling everywhere when Leeli started singing, and the fang was like blown away. That was AWESOME! So well done!
Oh yeah, I agree with @waterlily about the footnotes. HILARIOUS XD
-
Joy replied to the topic If KP was Edible… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@mariposa Wow. That’s…. awesomeist thing… yeah, @kate-flournoy, you and me both
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic If KP was Edible… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@mariposa *chokes on her left-over Christmas gingerbread and faints into the eggnog*
Oh wow… I… I don’t even know what to say…
-
Mariposa Aristeo started the topic If KP was Edible… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
So I decided to take @ethryndal’s advice and post this on the forum so all you non-Instagramers could see it. 😋
Every New Year’s Eve, my family holds a gingerbread house decorating contest. Normal people would just decorate it to look pretty, right? Well, I’m weird and always theme my gingerbread houses. For the longest time, I could not come u…[Read more]
- Load More
