@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Show Don't Tell Me Rule in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@inklings-for-christ I think that’s a fantastic idea! I probably won’t be able to chime in much, but otherwise, go for it. 😀
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
Trachea. That’s what my breath was caught halfway up.
Goodness. XD
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Show Don't Tell Me Rule in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@inkling-for-christ Well… ‘the baby squealed’ is telling what happened but it’s not emotional telling, which is what limits the story. Your second example is certainly more descriptive, but sometimes you’re not going to want that much detail or your story will be extremely long.
I would focus on the emotional telling, for example, you…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
I’m back. Seeing if I can do something with the DWN…
@aislinn-mollisong @sam-kowal @dragon-snapper @winter-rose @catwing
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@that_writer_girl
He will forgo a lightsaber for the simplicity and tickling powers of a simple broom…
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
…when did we start calling him Broom Boy? What a sad nickname…
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 They Rey/Kylo conflict and relationship was my favorite part, too. The moment in the throne room… my breath was caught halfway up my
@ethryndal That’s a really intriguing idea, about the Knights of Ren. It seems like either they would have to take over as main villains, or Episode 9 wouldn’t really have one, because Kylo…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
Heck yeah, Kylo and Rey! It doesn’t matter if you “ship” them or not, they were amazing. The fight between them and the Guards was my favorite part too.
…and yes. If something happens to poor Kylo Ren, I can assure you that I too will be severely enraged. @ethryndal
-
Joy posted an update 8 years, 9 months ago
*wandering aimlessly through archives* *pauses* Wait… @hope are you a Whovian?! 😀 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
I think I’m signing off… the color is out *sighhhhh* *scratches table frustratedly*
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong Sure! Good-bye! Say hi to Ariella for me 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong Hooray! I have colors, but they’re a bit faded. I have no plot in the KPA whatsoever yet 😛 But it’s moving forward……..
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong KAPEEFER! Are you still here? I’m writing 🙂
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
Yeah. I love it. @ethryndal
What was your favorite part of the movie? Also, how many times have you seen it?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@ethryndal I’ve missed you.
I agree on the Knights of Ren thing. That’s a very cool aspect of the story that I think deserves more depth.
About the boy at the end…do you think maybe he serves a dual purpose? Perhaps he will be in the next movie, as a little apprentice? Or maybe he’s just symbolizing the rebirth of the Jedi Order? I dunno, but…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic The Show Don't Tell Me Rule in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
I’m with @kate-flournoy here. Definitely recommend the course. It’s awesome. @daeus did a great job!
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
I’m here! I don’t remember if I’ve responded in depth to this thread…
Kylo Ren. and. Rey. Oh my word! Their whole arc throughout the movie was so cool. It was the reason I went back and saw the movie a second time.
-
Joy replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus Congrats! That’s some great advice 🙂 How are you liking Pinterest so far?
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic A Wrinkle In Time in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily-d I really, really liked A Wrinkle In Time
It was thoughtful, meaningful, almost spiritual, and it had a lot of intriguing symbolism and thing s like that. Open respect for Christianity, too, although it did mention there being good qualities in other religions.
Plus, Meg and Calvin are really great characters. Meg’s internal conflicts…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic A Wrinkle In Time in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily-d *pursues* *growls ferociously* …Just kidding ;P I see what you’re saying about the weirdness and stuff. Personally, I like it because of the action, and because it was interesting seeing what Meg was learning.
I hear there’s a new movie coming out, so maybe that one will be better. Although, it’s a Disney movie, so… I don’t kn…[Read more]
- Load More
