@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Snapper replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@Sam-kowal Dragon biology 101.
-
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@audrey-caylin I has put your blog button on my blog. 😀 It looks very professional. XD
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Taking a break sounds like a good idea (I’ve done that before and it always helps). 🙂
I vote for #3 and #4 since they sound very intriguing and exciting.
-
Sam Kowal posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper How can I submit feedback for Sector One? I don’t have Word, so I can’t make any Word comments.
😀 It’s great, by the way, for a general two-word piece of feedback-
All right, so basically, you can work on it any way you want. If you work on it Google docs, that’s fine. If you work on it for something else, that’s fine too. Once I receive it I’m able to convert it into a Word document. I only said that I don’t do google docs because that’s not exactly how I send it to people.
Does that work?-
Yep, that does. I think I’ll use Google Docs, and then you can convert it how you like after that. Can I use the email that you used to send me the original draft to share the doc with you?
-
Yeah, you could use the doc and then share it with me when you’re done. But as you’re working on it I probably won’t reply to comments. 😉
-
Okay. I’ll comment on everything I can think of then before I share it with you
😉 -
*Roars and screams like a sugar addicted baby dragon*
Apparently, I can’t do anything to the Sector One word document. Not even cut and paste out of it. Because I haven’t paid for it… so I guess I can retype the story by hand?-
Unless you can type 10,000 words an hour, I’m pretty sure that would be unreasonable.
Let me try to resend it to you…
-
Or, if you open the email I sent you with the doc, click on the thing (not download) there should be a button somewhere that says ‘open in google docs’. Do you see that anywhere?
-
Yep, I opened it that way. And it works. Good thinking 😀
-
@dragon-snapper Yeah, I opened it in Google Docs, and that let me edit it. I haven’t had a ton of time to make comments on it, though. It’s fun to do, though. Shredding, picking apart, and being impressed with another writer’s work is strangely therapeutic 😀 😀 *evil laugh*
When are you looking to have comments in on it?
-
-
Actually, I just had an idea. Maybe I can use my precious free trial of Office and get access to at least cutting and pasting, if not uploading
-
@sam-kowal Did you get it figured out? 😀
-
-
-
-
-
-
Snapper changed their profile picture 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d Hello! Me and my assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosarus (he’s an ink-drinking, book-eating dinosaur), greet you! 🙂 🦖
What is your favorite color?
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
😀 Ice cream and frozen yogurt actually don’t affect the fire-breathing, because Stan can’t really breathe fire anyway. Plus, Stan’s fire ducts aren’t in his stomach. If they were, it’d be drinking water that dragons would have to worry about…
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bell-d 😀 Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!
Stan is thrilled to have you here 😀 (Stan is my orange dragon pal)
It’s cool that you like historical fiction. I like it, too, but I tend not to write it. I write fantasy, although I love history itself 😀
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ethryndal *sniff* *sniff* *sniff*Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â *sniff*
@dekreel XD It’s alright, take your time and write it how you want it. Don’t worry about over-planning things, just write how it comes naturally to you. There’s sort of two main kinds of writers; planners, and discoverers. Planners get everything p…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 😛 Well, of course it all depends on which one you feel like you have most inspiration and ideas to write. Those are some great ideas, though. 3 and 4 are especially interesting-sounding.
I would go for 3 or 4. The futuristic sci-fi of them sounds like a great setting, and there seems to be a lot of space for tough choices and…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
I love those ideas. All of them.
If you’re looking to pick one though…um… yikes. I was just trying to decide this for myself, actually.
And I’m horrible at making decisions on this stuff.
So throwing my vote, #2 and #3.
-
Snapper replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d We’ll ignore that I’m a little late to the party.
Welcome to Kingdom Pen! Ummm… question that no one has thought of yet.
Aha! Do you like mushrooms?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
*stalks this topic*
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ethryndal You know, seeing your post just made me realize that I don’t have to write like everyone else, that I can go with my own style and structure. I can’t believe I didn’t realize that until now. *bops forehead* So thank you for saving me!
I am just SO TIRED of over-planning! I just wanna WRITE!
I’ll see what I can do! *nervous…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
A lot of you have been asking how the KPA is going
Well…

So yeah, that’s how it’s going… *gloomy sigh*
Guys, I am SO sorry this is taking forever! I realized from seeing how other people have written Kapeefer literature that I have over-planned mine. Besides, I have a HUGE plot hole (STILL! grrrrr) So I’m going to set down my current…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
First of all, those last two would be classed as sci-fi rather than contemporary. Just saying so that you know, calling them contemporary gave me the wrong idea.
However, I personally like #3 and #4 best. The idea of the persecuted church is always fascinating and its where the sequels to Stars Fill Infinity are going, so I’d love…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â *scratches chin* *grimaces (these claws, ya know)*
Hmmm…
I like all of them… I’m sort of leaning on #2, the Christian contemporary. It sounds powerful. But I also really like #3 because it just fascinates me how Christianity spreads even in places like that. #4 would make a good short story 🙂
Yeah, #3 🙂
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Partners in Crime in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@Cloudy At this very moment I’m a little busy, but sometime in the next week or so I’d be happy to look over your story. How in-depth would you want me to go? I do freelance editing so I can do anything from a theme-characters-plot sort of perspective or go more into the finer details of wording and prose and grammar. It all depends on how…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@Radically-surrendered basically if it’s a book about musical instruments being epic I’ll read it. XD
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 whoa! You’re a fast reader. You definitely aren’t going to need until March! 😊
- Load More

@dragon-snapper THANK YOU! I’m working on getting a button swap page on my blog as well. I’ll be sure to put your button on it 😀