@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Gracie replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@Ethryndal ☺ Zikers. *floats with happiness*
lol I probably did scream at some point. 🤦 😆
I know for sure I laughed a little too loud when Rey forced the lightsaber and Snoke bonked her on the head with it. 🤣
-
Gracie replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@Emma-flournoy *grins* awww, thanks! It’s so great to be back.
Yes, my life has settled down a bit (thankfully). Or at least I’ve gotten to the point where the craziness doesn’t feel so overwhelming. 😝
Erm, I actually haven’t worked on my big projects a ton lately. 😅 I’ve been focused more on trying my hand at poetry. Also, I love recording…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@daughteroftheking Ooooh, hard to say. I realllyyy like Data. We have a common obsession with Sherlock Holmes. 😜 But I also love Captain Picard.
Yeah, I think I’d have to say he’s my favorite, but Data is definitely a close second. 😀 You?
-
Gracie replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight Zikers, you paint people?! That’s awesome! *shudders* I epically fail at that. XD
Yes, that’s the fun part about acrylics for sure. Also the fact that you can simply paint right over any mistakes you make, whereas in watercolor, correcting smudges and such is a bit more difficult. 😆
-
Gracie replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter. lol, no problem. I’m a professional ramble-answerer myself. 😝
Ah! I see now. 😀 My brother is very similar. He loves crafting stories in his head and learning a bit about writing, but he’s more serious about other things. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity. 😜
-
Gracie replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal Wowza, those stories sound fascinating!! 😀
Ugh, YES. Trying to make things fit together and keep track of all my magic systems is definitely the hardest part about world building for me too. *sigh*
That is such a cool idea about the snatches of memory being left on objects people touch! I would love to read a book that had that in it. 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
I’m also going to add a few questions at the end of the document for you to answer, if you’d be happy doing that 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal I don’t know if it is, but I just group superhero as a subgenre of sci-fi.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree @seekjustice The Reckoners!
*Stan does a happy flail*
I didn’t even think of those as sci-fi, I always considered those superhero-action (if that’s even a real genre. It’s not.) XD
I love those, books, though. I hope someday Brandon writes one more book with David in it, although I don’t think he’s planning on lengthening that…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 aaah yes yes my sister read Scythe and O-O it sounds amazing. I haven’t gotten around to reading it but I 10000% plan to.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
To whom it may concern…I recently finished a book in two hours–something I haven’t done since I was little. It was good, really good. I’m not gonna say anything about it, except that if you’re looking for a book with a great plot and plot twists and awesome characters…read Scythe, by Neil Schusterman.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper Coolio.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hey Guys…hey…hi…hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh thank you, @Dekreel! 😀 😉
@MNValentine If you think Les Miserables is basically the best book ever written, AND you have the dedication to read it a third time, you have my applause and respect. IT’S SO AMAZING. My favorite book. And as you see, Dekreel knows this. I like alerting others to its amazing presence, so it’s good to find people…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Ohhhh, I LOVE writing to TONS of music. lesse…
- Fresh Aire (electronic music, most of it is very good)
- You, Me & Gravity (Planet Coaster soundtrack. EXCELLENT)
- Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack (your basic LOTR music)
- Touch the Strings by Mark McCain (SO underrated!!)
- Various classical music (especially for…
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree YES!! *happily flails with you*
Both of them are amazing stories!!
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@SeekJustice THE RECKONERS AAAAHHHH *so much flailing*
@Jenwriter17 yessss for sci fi. I definitely also vouch for The Reckoners series (Brandon Sanderson) and also The lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Brandon Sanderson also has a series called Reckoners. I recommend them too.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I don’t really read much sci-fi, but I just recently read The Giver, by Lois Lowry. It was really enjoyable. H. G. Wells and Jules Verne are always enjoyable and you might like Marissa Meyer’s Lunar Chronicles, I enjoy them as well (I’m up to the third book).
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Elements of Elemental Cliche… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrioroftherealm I feel like they are, because they pop up over and over again. They’re a trope, but they aren’t an obnoxious one. You can do so many things to change them up and make them unique, that it becomes interesting again.
But yeah, just straight-up ‘this hero controls fire, this one ice’ is somewhat boring. There’s a seed of epicness…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Welp, I’m signing off here. I edited the first part of the KPA (at least I think it’s the first part… *scratches head* *grimaces*) It was great to see you!
- Load More
