@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@clairec I feel ya! Praying now 😉
-
ClaireC replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey people. I’d appreciate some prayer at the moment. This year is grade 12 for me (Australians start school at the beginning of the year), and I have a lot of work lined up. I should be able to keep on top of it, but I don’t want to have to drop other things like writing, music, sport, Church involvement. So some prayer for God’s strength would…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Reader Base in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper yes, I do! 🙂 I started one several months ago, so here’s a basic overview of how to do it.
1. Go to Mailchimp.com There are other email services to use, but I’d recommend that one. NOTE: they will ask for your address. It’s law for them to do this. My family has a PO Box, so it’s no big deal, but if you’re uncomfortable using…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Thank you! @perfectfifths, @winter-rose, @ingridrd, @emma-flournoy 🙂
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Irrational or Rational? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@inkling-for-christ 😀 That’s a cool idea.
I would say, definitely, fangirls can be dreamers, but being a fanperson doesn’t necessarily make you a dreamer. @daeus kind of already said that. Dreamers can be all kinds of people, people who believe in things no one else does, who see hope where others don’t, who aspire to things others don’t. They…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Reader Base in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus @audrey-caylin Thanks for the awesome tips! I’ll try to do as many as I can! 😀
Now, about the email list…I don’t actually know how to make one of those. Either you know?
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Irrational or Rational? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Ooh. I totally love this idea! @inkling-for-christ
Would being a dreamer put him in danger, or do people just look down on him for not being “smart” like the rest of them, or interested in the same things? I guess I’m saying, to what level is he not accepted? Are dreamers put in prison? Is it illegal? Does his family reject him? Does he write…[Read more]
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic A Belated Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine SAME! I love meeting new people, but they have to come up to me first. (or I have to work up the courage to approach them, which usually doesn’t happen.)
And welcome, @jenwriter17, even though I’m newer here than yourself! 🙂 And I’m already getting to know you a bit.
-
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree Hey! *waves* I meant to tell you: I got a blog! 😀
silverphoenixwriter.blogspot.com
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa I just realized your name means butterfly in Spanish! That’s so cool. Idek why it took me so long to figure it out. 😉 Well, I think your hair looks super great short. It suits you perfectly. 🙂 I haven’t had much time to make jewelry lately either. *whispers* Writing has consumed my life.
Yes, your blog looks great. And tell Aberdeen…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Reader Base in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
That’s a really good question! I think your blog will be a huge help with that. If you don’t have access to social media to help grow it, I’d suggest doing just what you’ve been doing — going around and commenting on blogs, leaving a link to yours in the comments. If you really engage with other bloggers, you’ll get more…[Read more]
-
Snapper started the topic Reader Base in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey guys! I know that KP has lots of articles on this, but some of the options of building a reader base aren’t open to me. Like social media. I can’t do much of that.
Do you guys have any suggestions as to how I can promote my blog and writing to build a reader base?
@daeus @aratrea @kate-flournoy @hope @audrey-caylin @rolena-hatfield…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey, welcome back @ClaireC!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@clairec Welcome back, dear. 😉
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@princessfoo XD I agree 😀
I once thought about writing something with people who could control electrons in small amount and thus have power over the form of matter itself, but I haven’t gone any further with that
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy XD I guess you know you are a writer when you think about such things, too
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy 😀 XD XD Actually, me too. I come up with the craziest ideas, and there is so much to think about. I actually really irked my younger brother by telling him that what you see isn’t really everything around you, its actually just a picture of everything around you that is being built directly in your eyes… which is why some people…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree 😀 XD Okay. It’s set in the Kingdom Pen universe world right now, actually, like Legend of King Daeus and What Stan and I Did on Christmas….
I haven’t read the Rithmatist, yet, but I’m panting and drooling to. (I promise I’m not a dog though. I think.) One of my friends has a copy and is reading it… so I’m waiting for them to…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano I like doing hair, but somehow my hair doesn’t seem to corporate (which is probably why I resorted to short hair 😅). I used to make jewelry, but I haven’t had much time for that lately. 😢  And I love making cards (as you’ve probably already guessed)!
Aw, thank you! 😊 It means a lot to mean that you looked at my blog and that made A…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 The Underground sounds very exciting and it looks like it has a lot of potential, especially if you put in some interesting plot twists. The title makes me think of the Civil War though.
I like the idea, but I still vote for 3 and 4. 🙂
- Load More

OOOH. *scampers off to stalk*