@esther-c
Active 2 weeks, 3 days ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3885
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Alright moving on, let’s get this day wrapped up
Seb
“Shift’s up!”
One of the kitchen hands yelled in their direction, causing all three kids to jump. Soap suds fluttered to the floor.
Seb dropped what he was about to say. He grabbed the puppy and handed it to Ellie, covering it with a towel. “We don’t want to lose him, right? You…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I’m good with it being morning!
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic First Draft Blues in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I struggle with finishing too! (Or getting anywhere beyond Chapter 3 before I subside to excessive world building….)
I have found that writing out my thoughts for the scene no matter what they sound like does help me get something to work with. I can trash it later, but I will probably have a scene “frame” solidified. (Is that a…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic First Draft Blues in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I have never even been close to finishing a rough draft before, and I probably won’t ever at this point, but I’m interested to see what other people have to say.
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
It’s fine I’ll figure it out. If we don’t move onto the next day, this week will last another year lol
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Dante is still in the middle of a fight (or breaking it up?) and the twins are still in the kitchen…
-
whaley replied to the topic First Draft Blues in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
*Sighs extremely loudly and dramatically* I feel you, girl. Life is too complicated to be thinking about complicated stories.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
@linus-smallprint Looks good!! You can definitely scan a drawing in, although you may want to do some research to make sure it translates smoothly to digital.
-
whaley replied to the topic First Draft Blues in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Tags @loopylin @freed_and_redeemed @rae @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @linus-smallprint @savannah_grace2009 @jonas @ellette-giselle @godlyfantasy12 @anyoneiforgotandanyonewhowantstotalkregardlessofactivity
-
whaley started the topic First Draft Blues in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I’ve finished a draft before, and thus I should know what I’m doing. XD However, I just started a new project, and the first draft is giving me trouble. Shocker, I know. I’m absolutely sure no one else has experienced this fantastical phenomenon.
My question is, how do you tough through some of the sections which aren’t as fun to write? And how…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I’m good with moving a day forward, if I can roleplay Barnes concluding this side-adventure first. :] I’ll get to it in the next couple hours.
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
@koshka Hold on, I think everyone (at least the active people) needs to agree to move to the next day first. There are people role playing inside where there’s light, but no not during day yet.
@whalekeeper @elishavet-pidyon @savannah_grace2009 @esther-c
Is it alright with everyone if we move on to the next day?
I think we could fudge the…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
I’m assuming your story is at least the normal level of serious. Like, it might be funny at times, but it’s not a comedy as the whole point, right?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
@grcr you’re welcome! Honestly, your original art style wasn’t THAT bad, but I’m assuming Roblox-y characters wasn’t the original intent of your story, so the new one does serve to humanize them and make them more believable in a serious story.
That’s kinda weird and made more sense in my head, but ehh.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
@linus-smallprint Awesome cover! And Ellette is right–most drawing programs I know allow you to add a picture to your canvas and trace over it. I’ve done it lots of times.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
He doesn’t actually want to kill anyone, but he’s a walking disaster so the middle works, lol
Yep
Rory totally looks like a cinnamon roll. I mean, I haven’t seen a picture of him, but he totally gives off cinnamon roll vibes
I also debated the ‘could actually kill you’ because could he actually? My sister said Rory would pop emotional…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
@ellette-giselle @koshka @whalekeeper @theshadow
And y’all, you’re able to like, give me critiques for these. I just meant I didn’t need super precise, line-by-line edits since I’m going to rewrite this stuff eventually. So if you have input, please share it.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Thank you!!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Thanks!! So glad you like it! 😁 And hey, if you have tips, I know you’re the synesthesia expert so I would love your input (or advice) if you have any.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
- Load More
