-
hybridlore started the topic Microsoft Word or Google Docs?? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Hey everyone! Just curious–which do you prefer for your writing, and why? (And if use use another program, what is it?)
I used to use Google Docs, but when I started writing again I switched to Word. I don’t like how laggy Docs gets, but Word disappoints me sometimes. Mainly because I’ll leave comments and they disappear, and it only saves your…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Encouraging Each Other in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Great topic, Sara!! @jonas had a great point on that. It’s hard, but just try to remember that if God wants you to be published, He’ll make it happen. I don’t struggle as much with that fear because of self-publishing XD. I figure if I end up finishing some books, if no one wants them I’ll either just keep writing or publish…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
okay XD
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ started the topic Encouraging Each Other in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
So I struggle a LOT with doubting myself when I write. Especially with fear. I know that even the best authors get rejected, sometimes hundreds of times, but that doesn’t make me feel better. I don’t want to go through getting rejected, I don’t want to have to face all the hard spots. People will tell me that my writing is beautiful, but it’s har…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Non-Linear worldbuilding collaboration challenge! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
…choose whether or not to sacrifice themselves as well, or…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Oh yeah, right.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Non-Linear worldbuilding collaboration challenge! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
It’s fine, your’s was better. “split personalities????” where do I get this stuff XD
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I know. I was only mostly joking.
I think @acancello needs to make Hugo talk to Ottoline, and @rae might need to do a transition scene? Idk.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Non-Linear worldbuilding collaboration challenge! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
…having split personalities…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Adonial Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 10 months ago
Same…I would write one…but I kind of have to know what I’m talking about to write one, lol
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I’m bored. WE NEED MORE CHAOS!!!!!!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Adonial Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 10 months ago
Sorry I couldn’t help more! Plotting is just really new to me….so it’s hard to give good advice XD
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Non-Linear worldbuilding collaboration challenge! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
…that everyone must stay ten miles away from them, or else…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Adonial Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 10 months ago
The website says that the Hook is the inciting incident (so maybe I plotted wrong, XD). Apparently the First Plot Point is the point of no return, where your character takes action and there’s no going back. It’s the first significant event of the story.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I will!!! I love them so much <3
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Non-Linear worldbuilding collaboration challenge! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
…their brains disintegrate with how easy it is and they become…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Adonial Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 10 months ago
Hmm. Good question. I’m not exactly sure how to explain it,
partly because I don’t understand it that well. But from what I understand, the Hook is what grabs the reader’s attention. Like in my story, for example, the “hook” would be when Neveah gives birth to Hanna. It disrupts Sef’s natural world, however, it doesn’t really force her to…[Read more] -
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Non-Linear worldbuilding collaboration challenge! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
….in caves in the mountains, along the streets, anywhere that makes surviving as hard as possible…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
This is all I’ve written in the next chapter:
The next morning, Lilitu walked out of his room, wearing actual clothes this time.
He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Sef sleeping on the couch. Then all the memories from last night came rushing back. Why was she here? What had happened? Where were his parents?
Sef’s green hair f…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Do you know anything else about the character? How much of the book will he be in.
You could always try opening a blank doc and just talking to yourself about him… I usually am able to figure things out through just ranting and asking myself questions like that. I think it’s called an Everything Page?
- Load More
