-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle cool! I’ve never lived anywhere besides the US…..
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
@grcr all right!!
@linus-smallprint @rae @ellette-giselle is that everyone who was in the challenge? I still have to get to work on my drawing lol
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Great scene! Sad about the boy who died though. It’s not too dark. War–real, full-out war–is usually sad like that.
You’ve been to Italy too? My family did a short mission trip there with our church last year, although we were there before our friends moved over there and in a different area. My mom wants to go back, it’s so…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle I LOVE IT!
I like how when Aaron starts to doubt why he’s been sent there, Turin is there to remind him of God’s plan. This story’s become special to me because my family has friends who are missionaries just like Aaron. They live in Bologna, Italy, where there isn’t a physical war going on necessarily but many people there…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Ack! Awkward romantic moments!
See the mettle armor?
I think you mean ‘metal’ here. Good to see armour thought, it always helps things feel more medieval.
So Aaron has managed to work his way up to the prince. I wonder where this will go, but I feel the prince may eventually become a Christian as well, though it could go the…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
You used “whipped” instead of “wiped”
Not the first time I’ve done that. Alan has had his memory whipped by before (which I guess means he was whipped until he forgot what he was supposed to? I don’t know), but as my friend said when he noticed that, “when there’s a whip, there’s a way.”
So, you have the next one?
I am going t…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle @keilah-h @loopylin @stephie @theshadow
Next chapter. As Ellette predicted, things start to get messy here.
Chapter the 10th: (https://editor.reedsy.com/s/T1bLc1N/c/ZqPt_58SO73q86vE/chapter-the-10th)
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle yeah flat characters are no fun lol.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
That’s all I have on that……..
Okay, thank you. That is helpful.
NICE! I will pester you if I do not wake up to the next chapter tomorrow.
Excellent!
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
I like how Sabina asks to be baptized without lots of people asking. I know the idea of being baptized in front of everyone scares some new believers, especially teens. I also like to see the variety of personalities in different characters as they become Christians.
Prediction: Something dangerous is just around the corner.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Phew! That’s a lot about horses. I think I will grab everything you said about them and save it in a document for future reference. In case you could not tell, Martha likes horses and would definitely know all of this, so in order to have her talk about it, I will need to know it. Thank you for typing this all out! Is this the…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle oooh this is so cool!! The only issue being that because of the fact that you have all the parts of the story scattered through the forum, it’s a bit hard for me to sift through all the replies. Is there a document you can put it all on so I can just read through the whole thing? It’s ok if not.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle Well I thought you’ve posted a couple stories on here, and I don’t know which one specifically Let There Be Light is, but yeah, I’d love it if you tagged me so I can read it!
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Well, I actually kinda got hesitant about sharing it because I might have lost confidence in it being any good at all…….. I felt like the whole point of the story was being lost because of the other places that I was falling short. Do you think that’s true?
I have more to submit if you want me to.
I think you should keep on shari…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
(You too, as long as he and I are both satisfied by the end. lol.)
Heh heh. I’ll try.
Oooo, I love the drawings! They do look a little wingfeatherish. They’re quite good.
Thank you!
Fairly well. What I’m getting is that the dear instict makes them run….. but why would it not do that to archers. I would think being an archer would…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle @keilah-h @loopylin @stephie @theshadow @savannah_grace2009 (I know you are taking a break from Kingdome Pen, Sara, so I will just tag you this final time until you return)
Since Wyoh or whatever we are calling the creature that is currently devouring images is on the loose, I will share images of my characters through other…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Thank you for the detailed feedback! I has good grammers, eh?
spinach? Oh man, I am laughing so hard! I mean, what a way to start a story after that prologue! You have defiantly got me hooked, just because I can’t imagine where you are going with spinach! Haha! You obviously have a good sense of humor!
Ok, I’ll keep rea… -
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Hmmm, so the girl is a soldier? I personally don’t like women in battle. It’s ugly. I have plenty more thoughts on that….. but i won’t make you listen to them. lol. This is more of a personal complaint/thought, not an edit.
Seems I have hit a controversial topic here. This is something that my brother has given me grie…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
I think she tagged her in the ‘KP glitch problems’ topic.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle lol I understand why you don’t like women in battle (I imagine things can get rough for them), but uh, just a little disclaimer: A solid portion of the stories being written on here have some form of war, and many of them have both female and male characters fighting in them. I have a few myself. (But then again, my teams tend…[Read more]
- Load More

