-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
Sure thing!
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
I think this is working well. Aaron had already started down the path of doubt, and the death of his friend and the Prince is now sending him tumbling down it faster. But his faith is still there, and that is good because it always should be there even if it seems fragile in a sea of doubts. While he is angry at God, he still…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint started the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
As authors, we have characters who are both male and female, but sometimes it is hard to get into the heads of our characters who are the opposite gender from us. These characters sometimes turn out in very strange ways and we get Mary Sues or overly emotional guys – characters no one really likes. This forum is for guys and girls to ask each…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
I will go start a form for this discussion and tag you both, along with some other people. Feel free to tag anyone I miss to it.
Whaley:
So yeah XD In conclusion I think girls and guys are different mentally, but the line can be blurred depending on the individual.
And that is why answering this question is hard.
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
I know about maybe ten guys on here, and one of them knows me irl. So don’t worry, it isn’t just Linus and Jonas 😂
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle @linus-smallprint
*Comes back to an interesting conversation*
Okay, I actually have input for this.
Linus:
I hear when girls are upset, you want to just simply talk about it and how you feel. When I rant about my problems, I am not looking for someone to sympathize with me (even if I think I am). I am looking for a solution.…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
We do NOT want a solution. In fact, we often hate the idea of a solution because then we feel like you guys are just viewing us as a problem to be fixed.
This makes no sense to me.
Have you ever seen the video “It’s Not About The Nail.” ?
That was on my mind as I was typing up my response.
Yeah, that could work……. Do you think it…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
So the emotions I see emerging the strongest from Aaron right now are stubbornness, jealousy, and frustration.
I should clarify, that these are more of the negative emotions. There will be grief in there as well.
Another thought. Different guys have different ways of expressing anger. Some punch things, some start accusing others…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Hm…
Of course, every guy is different, so it is a little tricky to answer this question. I have thankfully never lost a friend or family member who is close to me, so I am not even entirely sure how I would respond, but I do have my guesses. I would likely be upset with what happened, but I am not a very emotional person. I…[Read more]
-
TheShadow replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
The mood board looks so good!!
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle @keilah-h @grcr
Thank y’all so much!! And just as a note…
EVERYONE, THIS NEWS IS STILL A SECRET TO EVERYONE OUTSIDE MY FAMILY AND Y’ALL. So don’t mention it if you’re on social media, in reviews, etc. You can mention that you’re excited for the 2nd book, just pls don’t give the title or say that it’s finished
Thank…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
I think i might leave it alone, because the majority of my readers are fine with it, and I have also read many books that do this and have never had any complaint with them.
Okay, that’s fine then.
Might just be best to show you…… it’s basically a collection of images pulled off the internet that have things to do with your chara…
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle @keilah-h @smiley @mineralizedwritings @lightoverdarkness6 @koshka @whalekeeper @loopylin @kyronthearcanin @grcr @rae @savannah_grace2009 @euodia-vision @elishavet-pidyon @anyone-else @I’m-too-overwhelmed-to-remember-tags-lolllll
I’ve been inactive on KP for the past several days, I know XXD It’s been a crazy past few days, esp…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
Congratulations @ellette-giselle!
@keilah-h, thank you for the challenge! It was fun to try to draw in a more Clone Wars style than my usual one.
-
TheShadow replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Also, your drawings of the characters are great!
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Thanks for the thoughts! I’ll definitely try to work that in.
Yw!
AHHH!!! I forgot to tag people on this new section! I was wondering why no one said anything!!! I’ll just re-post this whole thing.
You’re alright, I still get notifs by email even when people don’t tag me. I read it 👍
-
TheShadow replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Okay, almost caught up. I’m so so so sorry that I haven’t been replying! That is totally my fault, I’m so sorry!
I have gotten all the way up until the sections from the last page, and the one you posted today. For feedback, I’m glad Sabina has been converted, and I like where the story is going. Critiques that I have other…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Oh, you killed off some major characters. Somehow I knew right when Aaron started calling for Turin in battle that he would find his friend dying. Major blow to his faith there. Poor Sabina and Aaron. And now there is no royal heir for the country either.
do it’s an alternate reality. For instance, the Empire is Rome set in t…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
HEY, THANKS SO MUCH! You know, that’s the first time anyone has ever said that to me.
It is a flaw of ours that sometimes we grow proud of our beliefs. Knowledge puffs up (1 Cor 8:1). I don’t want to let this pride get in the way of seeing the truth and then misleading people. This is why I am willing to listen to any c…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
yes!! Fire away!! I’m ready for it now! I think I’m prepared for people to criticize Aaron.
Okay!! So this isn’t a critique of Aaron himself, like ‘ohyouhavetochangehim.’ It’s for you to improve his arc.
Aaron begins to verbally doubt God during the siege. But his very first act was trusting God to lead him into a dangerous kin…[Read more]
- Load More

