-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle @keilah-h @loopylin @stephie @theshadow
This week is a little busier for me. I still have time to write, but chapters may arrive a little later than expected. My church does a camp for families this week and I may be going out there for a couple of days. Also, I am a little stuck right now, trying to figure out how to introduce…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
One evening, Aaron was sitting by the fire with his Bible open on his knees. He had turned to the psalms once again, and he had his journal ready at his side. This passed month he had taken to turning the psalms into his own prayers, and he was beginning to feel peace. The answers were there, before him. All he had to do was trust…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
-
TheShadow replied to the topic Character Songs/Playlists! in the forum Music 2 years, 2 months ago
Okay, I finally got around to listening to the playlist, and it was really good!!
-
TheShadow replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
This is a good question, and there have been a lot of good answers already. I would think Aaron might try to be strong for others, but when he’s alone he would let his emotions come and mourn for his friend privately. Maybe if someone mentions it he could show signs of what he’s truly feeling. Sorry this is late
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
@linus-smallprint @ellette-giselle
I’m kind of bored and I just wanted to pop in on this conversation cuz I find it really interesting!
If my brother were to accuse me of not caring (which might actually happen), I would get even more frustrated because I would want to care more, but find myself unable to.
YES THIS IS SO ME! I mean I’d definitely…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Wow, it sounds like you’ve got an awesome family!
Sorry if I was projecting a bit. Despite my family being Christian, they can be really critical. Kinda like what Whaley mentioned above, over preferences for the most part. People who have it like me have to band together and support each other, so whenever I see somebody saying…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
“I was there, Noah.”
“You were where?”
Aaron clenched his fists tightly. “I was there when he died.”
Noah turned to face him. “Wait, when who died?”
“Turin.”
There was a long silence, and then Aaron pressed on. “I watched him die, Noah. I knelt by his side and I couldn’t do anything as he bled to death in the street.”
“Why d…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Your tag not working.
@ellette-giselle
I promise both of you that I do not agree with the “kids always know better” thing either. I have been annoyed a bit that my book is this way, with characters who either disagree with their parents (like Martha and Tyn), or are separated from their parents (like Alan and Oliver). One day, I’ll try…[Read more] -
whaley replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
I don’t think Min means you should actively hide your writing from your family, just that you can refrain from doing so if you feel like they would give superficial feedback. (Feedback that is preference-driven. For example, “I think the story should be funnier/have more fight scenes/have a dragon in it.”)
Everyone has…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
(I know all guys and girls were different, I was just kinda generalizing. Basically, I hear a lot of guff from my brothers and dad when there a girly-guy scenes in books and movies, and I didn’t want to commit the teenage-girl guy character crime. haha)
I get that. I actually don’t share my writing with my family, because I know i…[Read more]
-
calyhuge replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
The second to last thing you wrote, just one tiny thing, maybe not quite so much crying. When I’m sad, I just stare off into the distance. Other than that, he’s definitely masculine, especially in the parts preceding the roof parts.
And I was about to say, like a stereotypical guy trying to fix all the problems, “Why doesn’t he…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle oooh I like this scene! And I can see where you incorporated our tips…..
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle haha that’s hilarious!!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
Ok thanks! 🙂
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
One more thing, does he carry a sword?
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
Yes that definitely answers my question! Thanks!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle well I enjoyed the boxcar series for a while when I was younger, I think the thing was that I never really took them as particularly realistic anyway lol
The original series was written at a time when the market wasn’t oversaturated with “kids always know better” content, so it wasn’t as bad then, but yeah I can see problems in…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
@linus-smallprint the chapter, what glitch?
@ellette-giselle yeah I get you on not liking the “Children disobey parents, keep secrets, do things the parents say no to, and in the end it all worked out because they were right and the parents were wrong, and there’s NO consequences for all of it” thing. Like, it’s not like parents aren’t wrong s…[Read more]
- Load More

