-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle FIFTH draft? Wow!!
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Are you using a normal arc structure/your own structure based off what you know about arcs? Or just thinking through the arc as you write?
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Have you outlined LTBL?
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I just read the last section. I don’t have too much to say about it, but it was good!
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Because, your country seems to have a little superstition what with the wizards and all that. In the olden days, (which your book is fantasy so i can’t quite tell the era) People were really cruel to lefties because they believed it was a sign of demonic inhabitants or the practice of witchcraft.
Hmm. I don’t think the citizens o…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle haha yeah
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle wow that’s… still terrible
Kinda interesting though how all of these unrelated cultures (Latin, German, Chinese, etc) all equated “left” with “wrong” separately, unless it came about once those cultures all had contact.
Don’t worry, I didn’t think you believed that nonsense lol
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle very cool!!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Quote Archive in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle MARVEL QUOTES!!!
haha they have some great ones
@freed_and_redeemed and @smiley will certainly enjoy it too
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle ooh things are going in a new direction! So Aaron and his friends are taking in all the children whose parents were killed in the war?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle Why would someone do such a thing??? Chop off a kid’s hand just cause they’re left-handed?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
@linus-smallprint I know, right? Society goes on and on about “inclusion” nonsense, and all the while ignore the people who really should be included.
In video games, especially first-person ones such as shooters or Minecraft-type, I can kinda understand because most people are right-handed and thus game makers design their characters to be…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
Nope. You did tag me. The notification just got lost and never made it to my inbox somehow.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Here is something from a document I found helpful for coming up with blurbs.
Five-Sentence Story
1.     The balance: the normal world. What is normal? Who is our hero? What does he normally do? Suzy walks down the street with her dog.
2.    The unbalance: something happens that upsets the normal world. It must be an event…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Okay, I did not end up going today.
OH MY GOODNESS!! I love the picture! I think that’s your best one yet!!! – Ellette
wow great picture!!! – Keilah
Thanks! That is my most recent TNPT drawing.
Oh goodness. I dislike germaphobic guys. 😛
Oh. *Goes to wash hands for 45th time today – Reason: touched the ‘W’ key for t…[Read more]
-
TheShadow replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
Ooh, Friedrich sounds good. Also congrats on winning!
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Picture of Eric added. Fun fact: All of my characters are me in some way, but Eric is probably the most similar to me personality-wise (Which is not entirely a good thing). He also is the character that looks the most like me.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Hmm, is procrastination a character trait? If I’m reading the above right it is. Since that is so, Alan (and maybe Martha) can get a little annoyed at the fact that he’s not taking this whole thing seriously.
Yup, I don’t think determined and heroic Alan is going to like Eric much at first.
How old is he? I’m picturing someo…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Is it? That one ALWAYS gets me. I can never figure out a way to remember which is which. grrr. Grammar is gonna kill me. Btw, I can’t get over the fact that we keep correcting each others grammar. lolÂ
That’s the whole point of getting others to read it. Sometimes someone else can see your grammatical errors better than you ca…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Okay. The problem I am having is that I am introducing a character who is supposed to be laid back, indecisive, and put things off (he is Martha’s brother, Eric). However, since he is supposed to lead Alan to his father, he comes across as more decisive than he really is, and sure, he might be more decisive at times, but it gives…[Read more]
- Load More

