@dragon-snapper
Active 9 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice…BBC!!!!!
@notawriter, I think also retellings allow for more creativity, and adaptations try to follow the original story more. Or it might be the other way around
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I definitely think you should write it 😀
I would say the difference between an adaption and a retelling is quite loose. But I think that you can see the difference in two versions of Sherlock Holmes. If you look at Basil Rathbone’s Sherlock movies, they tend to have the same plot as the stories and they’re based on and it doesn’t…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@celticcailin I’ve received your email! And I will add in @Jess-Penrose too so she can give her feedback as well. 😉
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Anyone writing???
@seekjustice, @rochellaine, @catwing, @whoever-else
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaya-young Haha, your post reminded me of this….

-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@filewriterbase13x Yup! 🙂
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@sam-kowal Thanks. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Learning How to Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
Oops. I mean the Writer’s Rank Advancement Guide.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Learning How to Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaymart I would check out Story Embers‘ writers’ journey plan. It’s got a whole section of resources on plotting.
-
Kaymart replied to the topic Learning How to Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
I need as much help as I can get with my plotting. I thought I could write by pantsing, but that hasn’t been working out for me. I tried plotting before, but it didn’t work out, either.
I figured I should try for both at once, but that’s not working, either. My plotting could be improved, but I’m not sure what to do or how to do it.
Help?
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira 😛 Totally tragic. Kapeefer Lit is awesome. Here you go
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Well, Hello, People! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@annaberens Wow that’s so long! *Dumps  rainbow confetti on your head* 😀
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariella-newheart I gave Rendon a go 🙂 Sorry it’s not in color. (also sorry the sword on his shoulder was kind of an afterthought.. :s I got so caught up on his armor details that I almost forgot!)
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Well, Hello, People! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@annaberens Interesting! How long have you been writing for?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Including the gospel without being cheesy in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@daeus Interesting. 😀
-
PrincessFoo replied to the topic Well, Hello, People! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@annaberens Me too! I especially love the song Evermore in the new Disney Beauty and the Beast movie. @daughteroftheking and I both cried when we heard it for the first time. (And my brother sat next to me say, “You know that Belle comes back, right? She comes back.”)
I haven’t actually written the retellings yet, but I would be happy to share…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Including the gospel without being cheesy in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira To scare away the foxes, of course.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Including the gospel without being cheesy in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@daeus Thank you for sharing this!!! Â I so agree! Â You put something hard to explain in simple terms. Â Yeah, I actually started writing Mahinia when I was searching for answers for myself. Â Its been a learning journey for both me and my character.
By the way, what are all the turtles for?
-
Kaymart posted an update 8 years, 6 months ago
Oh. My “status” changed. Now I’m a charismatic rebel. Who knew?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Well, Hello, People! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@annaberens Hi!  Your book names sound intriguing!  And wow, someone has as many books going at one time as I do.  🙂  Do you have a favorite time era to write in?  Do you like to sing or draw?  Also, if you tag us like we tagged you, we will get an email telling us you said something to us.  Exited your here!
- Load More
