@dragon-snapper
Active 9 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Ah, see ya! @rochellaine
And I actually must be heading off for lunch now. @seekjustice but I should be back soonish.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing Goodnight!
@seekjustice @jess-penrose I’m actually going to say goodbye now too. I don’t know if I’ll be back tonight, but probably not. So goodnight!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Ah no, I don’t think she did. It was fun anyway though!
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Haha, right. Sorry, I take it Jane did not pick up that habit from KP…wonder where from then… *shrugs*
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing I have trouble with showing not telling as well, so much of my editing involves fixing it! You are not alone in this struggle!
@Rochellaine i don’t think we were supposed to, but Jess did and I liked my last line so I did too!
I hope your confusion lessens some time soon 🙂
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing Oh yay! I’ll happily look through it again! Hmm… It could be good. Have I mentioned anything about passive voice? And goodnight!
@rochellaine Hahaha, no clue. I just tend to whenever I war with my cousin. So, she may have invented that, or maybe she got it from somewhere else… but I always tend to do it anyway ‘cos it can be fun to read them.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Yes…Someday. 😛 Of course I thank you! But my fingers are feeling confused right now, since they don’t know where to go.
@jess-penrose Oh, are we supposed to give our last lines? I’ve never done that before. But mine was kind of weird… “With a quick shove, Chara managed to stand up, and then toppled…” 😉 😀
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jess-penrose Yeah, I have trouble showing, not telling. 🙁
Maybe after I go through all these and get the revised doc to you. I’m revising it in a different doc. 🙂
Just wondering, did you think I needed to develop the characters more?@rochellaine @seekjustice I have to go to bed. Good night.
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Oooh nice!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
My last line was:
above the din came Errol’s voice, but I could not distinguish his words from the rest of the chaos.
your last line is very interesting too 😉
Sorry, you’ll thank me one day though (or maybe not)
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Woah! You must be a fast writer! 447 is my top record for a ten minute word war.
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing Oh yeah. I can’t say I enjoy it when I have to go back through and cure my work of random zombies that decide they want to mess up my story. *glares suspiciously at them.*
And if you want me to have another more thorough go-through of it I’m quite happy to. I’m on holidays now, so yay! Not as much school work to get done this time. xD
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Ohh…I just realized that I usually do fifteen minute word wars, so that makes me feel a little bit better. 🙂 But still. I usually get at least four hundred words in a ten minute war.
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine *pats* That’s alright! You still have gotten words written!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jess-penrose Okay. That was the absolute worst performance I have ever given in a word war! I got 203 words written, which I believe is half of my lowest score ever!
@seekjustice I am going to blame you. 😉 After all that horrible slashing and cutting you did to my story I hardly know where I am anymore! 😛
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Me too! I got 375. How’d you guys go?
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
And I have stopped. @rochellaine @seekjustice
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Ten minutes, sounds good!
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Unfortunately I’m editing, so no Word War.
@jesspenrose Yes I’m curing all those zombies you pointed out. Thanks again. 🙂 - Load More
