@dragon-snapper
Active 8 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
Fair enough. Even though it’s enjoyed by a wide fanbase, animation could still be considered a niche interest.
I’m glad, though, I could help you understand a bit more about animation. I would be interested in discussing it further if you’re interested. 🙂
Yes, I like VFX as well, and as an animator, I can appreciate all the work…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
@leumeister Oh, and I think the site sometimes deletes really long posts, and especially if someone tries to edit them. I tried to edit a word on that post because I wanted to correct the grammar, and then it got deleted. It’s happened a few times before to me and other people as well, and editing posts seems to be the most frequent cause.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
@leumeister I think my opinion shouldn’t count for much in this case, since I’m not an animation fan anyway. 😛 I much prefer live-action. And I’ve been thinking about exactly what kinds I like and don’t like and am having a hard time explaining even to myself so I’m not sure I could tell you specifically what it is I like or don’t like about d…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine Keep ranting, I like it. Yeah, even if they played up parts like that, or added more scenes to the same plotline, it would have been a lot more realistic and interesting. I mean, she almost died several times!
Its kind of like the new Ben-Hur movie that came out recently. Its nothing like the book, and its so unrealistic I could scream!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira I can only assume they were looking for more modern and exciting plots, but even that doesn’t make sense because they invented so many exciting stories for different episodes but there was plenty of material in the books to make for excitement. There’s the scene where Almanzo and Cap go for the wheat, which is really cool, and…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine I have not seen pilot episode, or whatever you called it. 😀 How terrible! Why oh why can’t they make it true to the books?! Your rant was pretty awesome.
BTW, I have not seen a lot of the things you all talk about, like Les Mis.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira I actually don’t mind season one or two as much. In those seasons they don’t really follow the books except for a couple of episodes, but at least they still have reasonable time period stuff, like they don’t use modern slang and the other things are pretty good for historical accuracy. However, as the show progresses it gets w…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @seekjustice I have only seen season one of Little House on the Prairie (which they don’t actually set on the prairie) and I agree it is awful. The other seasons sound even worse! Mud fight? Ugly blond hair? Yikes! In the books (which are awesome,and nothing like the movies) its not creepy or weird when she marries Alma…[Read more]
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Aquila in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 4 months ago
Oh good, people are still using this place. 😛 I felt a bit left behind when the hiatus came along… I wasn’t told, but I didn’t check the front page news either, so… :/
Anyway, that sounds like a good arrangement. I’ll email her before the week’s up. ^_^
No problem with the email either. As long as Flournoy is in the address…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I shamefully admit that I’ve spent the last half hour reading the summaries on Wikipedia. It’s rather….dramatic. Oh yes, of course I’ve read the books. I love (most) of the books!
I can understand that it is considerably creepy/weird for Almanzo to be that much older than Laura. Couldn’t they have just made him younger than he was…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Hey, I’m back for just a short bit. I might actually disappear after this post. But how could I resist returning when you gave me permission to go on a semi-rant on one of my favorite ranting subjects? 😛
So, a few of the historical inaccuracies. To start with, I’ll just say that after the first two seasons they basically made no…[Read more]
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
Nope… :/ I got my post when I was still typing it, though! :S Weeard.
Who’s a technical expert here?
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
Huh… It did… : . Odd.. I think that happened to me recently, actually.
You’re not goin’ crazy, I know you posted something. 😛 I’ll see if I can’t find it in my history or something.
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
Oh… So… Okay… You’re less into the heavily stylized characters in CG… I get it… I actually don’t mind the stylization myself, but I prefer to make “lightly” stylized photorealistic characters if they’re humans at least.
The “bug eyes” as you so call them are actually to make them look cuter. Sorta like the manga/anime…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
Hm, that’s weird. My post disappeared.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Haha, that’s basically the premise every sci-fi/action movie is based on, isn’t it? “And then…this innocent thing here explodes!” “Haha! Great plot twist…..why?” “Because, everything must explode. this is an action movie and we need material for the three hundred trailers we’ll put up on YouTube”.
I think I’ve seen the first…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice That reminds me of a line from Stargate SG-1 where they’re talking about making a sci-fi tv show, but the whole episode is a joke and parody of all sci-fi tv shows, and while they’re reading the script the stoic alien guy, Teal’c, says “I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.” 😛 (The guy writing…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Of course, do you seriously expect me to listen to anything else?
Me?? Keep her up too late. *snorts*. I feel like her mother sometimes, always telling her to go to bed 😛
(please @rochellaine don’t take me too seriously! I would be very sad if you started going to bed earlier!)
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice ooh hot chocolate? yummy. of course you’re listening to les mis 😉
sorry I can’t write right now. You two have fun. Don’t keep Rochellaine up too late, Seekjustice 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Yeah, I do like the Flash soundtrack, but just the music, not the miscellaneous grunts and explosions and everything else that goes along with a superhero show.
I would have thought Little House on the Prairie was right up your alley. 😛
- Load More
