@dragon-snapper
Active 8 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
They just say thing like princesses hold up beauty as the absolute virtue of a woman, promote that you can only be happy if a man loves you, reinforce gender stereotypes and unrealistic body images. etcetera, etcetera.
I was just curious because I didn’t grow up watching Disney movies, so I can’t really have an opinion on whether they’re…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice, I watch Disney. What does the thing you’re reading say about why it might be bad?
thanks, I might actually cry since I never actually do. All I have to do is think about Jonas, Waif, Rain, Sapphire…*grabs box of tissues*
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Well, I should be researching the French Revolution, but instead I’m sick in bed reading about whether or not Disney princesses are bad for girls. Are any of you guys watchers of Disney?
@rochellaine WHOOOHOOOO
@alia Very good 😛 That’ll make you cry all the more!
@catwing how’s your editing?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine, I’m pretty sure its the Buell theatre in CO.
@seekjustice, its a almost year late birthday present that I have tried really hard not to be impatient for. But now thanks to you I’m going to be thinking about Jonas…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice I am extremely proud of myself. Today, (so far,) I wrote 1236 words with one hand!! 😛 Daughter of Judas is growing despite all the vain efforts of that villain, Poison Ivy! 😛 😛
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@catwing, sounds interesting. My sister has access to one of my books and her comments go past my last written page.
I’m trying to write Decisions, because its been over a week since the last time I wrote in it.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@catwing I’m not on now, but I may be later. half hour ish or more. Will you be here?
OH MY GOODNESS GOATSSSSS! I love goats! 😀 congrats! how are the little darlings doing?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@alia So exciting! 😀 😀 😀 I’m sure you’ll enjoy it, Where are you seeing it?
@catwing Goats?! You got goats?!!! Those absolutely wonderful, amazingly adorable, and perfectly terrific creatures? They’re my favorite animals! We had pygmies for a long time and their babies were the cutest, most adorable things ever!! (whoops! I used “adora…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@alia Thank you.
Looking through the comments on my book. But I’m leaving the ones where I’m going to have to do a good bit of editing, because after I finish doing these comments I’m going to rewrite some things. Delete chapters, add chapters, change the POV of a chapter. 😉
What about you? -
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@catwing, so what are you doing?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@catwing, looks fantastic.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@alia Hi I didn’t see you there until just now.
Indeed I have. Do you like my Catwing Guard armor? -
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice @rochellaine @dekreel @valtmy @jenwriter17 I’m doing some more comment fixing. And guess what? My family got goats today. They are cute (maybe partly because they are young). 😀
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
anyone here?
@catwing, you changed your picture!
@rochellaine, @seekjustice, I thought I was going to see Les Mis in about 4 weeks, BUT I’M GOING THIS WEEKEND
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine Perhaps… But I think I’ve only killed off those five characters as far as I can remember right now. I can assure you that their deaths are part of the plot. 😉
@seekjustice Maybe I should kill some other characters to even it out. ;P -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
No, I didn’t think so 😀 I’ve actually read a bit about the real strike, but not much. And they definitely are good dancers 🙂 Goodnight!
@valtmy And I guess I wouldn’t want to be one of my characters either!
I think I should probably go and do something with my day 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Not by a long shot!!!! 😛 I was just using that as an example. Actually the most noticeable inaccuracy is that the real newsboys’ average age was probably around ten or twelve, so the sixteen- to twenty-year-old guys seem quite strange.
…but they’re good dancers! 😛
@valtmy Actually, since yours is a parody in the first place, I…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I would not enjoy being a parent in your book 🙁 🙁 🙁
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Oh, are the slang words the only historically inaccurate thing about Newsies? 😛
There’s a place for rebellion against the time period though, because the people history remembers are the people who were ahead of their time, or who actively rebelled against some bad part of society, but I definitely agree that the girls, s…[Read more]
- Load More
