@dragon-snapper
Active 8 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@dekreel Okay. Thanks!
@rochellaine @valtmy I must go to sleep now. good night.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy Thank you so much! That’s very helpful. 😀
Have you convinced yourself to start working on your own project yet? 😛 You said you were having trouble with that.
@dekreel Aw, Kai. 😀 Hey, are you reading the first draft or the second draft? (This is a VERY important question.) 😛 You’ll find out who he is soon enough. He’s not my…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@catwing I like blog posts with art in them (like your comic) and life posts in general. Like the kind of stuff Ethryndal does (if you’ve ever read her blog).
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine Yeah…
Oh, right. 😛
Oh, my. Isn’t there a whole month where they fast but feast at night?@dekreel Pretty good. I’m going over some blog things now. What is your favorite type of blog post? Life, writing article, talking about books, book excepts, tags, pictures, polls/quizs? (When I said Saturday I would post I meant August 4,…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine Hey hey! That’s fine. 😉 I’m at the part where Chessy is talking to Kai.
I’m very curious about this “boy…” *smirks* How’s your poison ivy doing, by the way? Any better?
Random-ish question: Would you disbelief a jackalope?
@catwing Hullo! Good to see ya! How are you doing?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@catwing I wonder. 😛 Since it was apparently “obvious” at the time the Bible was written, it must have been later that the change took place. The Pharisees and Sadducees did make up some pretty ridiculous rules, didn’t they?
Well, since that’s in the Bible, I know that. 😉 For holidays, my dad’s relatives start the holiday at sundown, but si…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@dekreel Hi! I’m on the same time as you! Yay!
I’m writing my book. 😛 -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@dekreel Hey-hello-how-do-you-do-how-nice-to-see-you! 😛 Sorry for falling asleep on you last night. 😉 But I’m awake now! It’s only 10:20.
@seekjustice Don’t worry, Dekreel will soon know who that “boy” is. 😛
What part are you on now, Dekreel?
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine Yes. But you may want to look up the details. 😉
That is strange. I didn’t notice that… I have read some of those passages before but I haven’t thought about it. If I had to guess without doing any research I would say, the Pharisees or Sadducees made up some rule, like you can only walk so many miles on the Sabbath. It could be…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy @catwing @rochellaine @seekjustice @whoever
Oy! I’m beta-reading again!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@catwing Continuing our earlier conversation, I didn’t realize that was the kind of prayer shawls you were talking about. 😛 I thought you were talking about men’s prayer shawls, like in Fiddler on the Roof. So do you mean that the women wore different prayer shawls from their everyday head coverings, (or veils, as I called it in my story,) w…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine @valtmy I’m here doing a bit of writing.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy Thanks, I’ll take a look. 🙂
Well, I have one more thing. You asked about what was going on with the guys, and said I didn’t give enough info. I had written a parallel scene from the guys’ perspective, but just set it aside because I really, really want to have only Bathshua’s POV in this. However, if you like you could take a look at…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy Hey! How’s it going?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine I see.
They did prayer shawls back then. They’re basically shawls that women wore on their head when they prayed. I think they have tassels on the ends and something in Hebrew in a corner. You may have to look it up, because my info right now is spotty (it’s been a while). But now you know about them and can research. 😛
That sounds good. -
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine I see.
They did prayer shawls back then. They’re basically shawls that women wore on their head when they prayed. I think they have tassels on the ends and something in hebrew in a corner. You may have to look it up, because my info right now is spotty (it’s been a while). But now you know about them. -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@catwing My father was born a Muslim, and became a Christian in college. I have lived in a mixture of Middle Eastern and Western cultures since I was born, learning to change my behavior depending on which side of the family I was visiting. So I am drawing off my own experience and my study of the Bible for most of the cultural worldbuilding I a…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine you’re welcome.
I know some about Hebrew culture so hopefully I can spot something if you mess up. 😉
Do you know about prayer shawls, the special stick they use to keep their place while reading the Bible (I can’t remember what it’s called right now), or what Shalom means? I can tell you a little bit if you don’t and want to.
Have…[Read more] -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #19 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice @dekreel Sorry for disappearing. As you surmised, I did fall asleep. 😛
@catwing Thank you so much for your comments!! They are helping me figure out the setting and style better. I have a LOT of research I need to do before this will be finished. Thankfully, I do enjoy research. 😀
Are you here now?
- Load More
