@daughteroftheking
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1156
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice ooh, I like Percherons too
@livgiordano Lol, I totally got a picture of you and your brother dead silent staring off into space as your mom walks in!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Oh, haha. 😀 Yes, we Americans do tend to think of our country as the center of the universe. Why would anyone else need an East Coast? Our East Coast is fifty times bigger than the East Coast of England, right? 🙂
(No offense to the British people here. I’m being sarcastic.)
-
Snapper replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sarah-anson *take tutorials with her*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Haha, yeah. I read one of my little sister’s books which was set in England, and the story was about a little girl who was sad because her grandmother or something lived far away on the coast, and usually they spent the summer with her, but couldn’t this year, so she missed her.
I looked it up, and turns out they were about two hours…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Okay, that makes sense.
Have you ever realized how big the US is compared to other countries? A lot of tourists come here and say that they want to see the Statue of Liberty, the Grand Canyon, and the White House, and don’t realize that it takes hours and days of driving time to get from one to the other. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder When I went on the bridge next to Hoover Dam the winds were pretty strong, but I don’t know the exact mph. I thought of this scene, and when I researched for it I found that the wind gets up to 50 mph there, and that’s enough to blow a 100 lb person off her feet. Chara is little, so she’s supposed to be about 90-95 lbs, and could e…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Glad you liked it! What funny parts, exactly? I mean, it’s light, and fun, but what parts were funny to you?
Oh, do you travel often? I fly about once a year to a conference my law school holds in Nevada but thankfully my brother always goes with me, so I don’t have to worry about finding my way around. I just follow him, and he tak…[Read more]
-
Julia R. and
Charis are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Ingrid and
Charis are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Snapper and
Sink are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
PrincessFoo replied to the topic Infant and Child Characters in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy My family did foster care for something like 13 years, and during those years there was never NOT a baby in our house. But we stopped five years ago, after a bad experience with the agency, so it’s been a while since I’ve done much with a baby.
That box does sound pretty unsafe. It’s wooden, so to make sure the baby doesn’t get jostled…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Infant and Child Characters in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
Wow! That was a really long post! 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Infant and Child Characters in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy Having the baby be a deep sleeper would definitely work. When I was a baby, I slept something like 20 hours a day, and when relatives came over they wanted to see my eyes, so my dad would toss me in the air (gently, but he is very good at that) and talk to me, but I would never wake up. 🙂
My older brother, on the other hand, slept…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Congratulations! I haven’t been able to do much all night.
Bye! 🙂 Goodnight!
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Okayy, finished with this chapter! Good night! See you tomorrow 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice See you tomorrow (hopefully).
And going to sleep is a very good idea. Thanks for the advice. Especially since my writing has been going nowhere fast. 🙁
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Have you had a chance to check out Star Trek TNG yet?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Neither have I seen those movies. So @seekjustice, it’s really okay. There are two of us to prove you can survive without them. 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I have survived on the Wingfeather Saga and Les Miserables instead 😉
BTW have you read the Wingfeather Saga?
- Load More
