@daughteroftheking
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1156
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic The Better Books Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Norma Jean Lutz is a really good author (one of my favorites) who published her books in the 70s-00s. Now most of them are out of print, but she recently put them on kindle.
She now runs a young authors coaching website, and has published several booklets with snippets of writing advice. If you contacted her she would probably be able t…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@clairec I get an email announcing that you mentioned me along with several loud, annoyed remarks, so, confused, I come over here and find a half page of you trying to spell my name. 😀 Sorry it caused you so much trouble! 🙂 I assume you were originally trying to comment about the Stolen Raspberries comic?
@dekreel That is really weird. 🙂 …[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter I still got a notification when you tagged me. It just didn’t go green for some reason. 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Better Books Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Yeah….. no.
I don’t really know that many authors. Haven’t been to any conferences really–one local teen one–but otherwise… not yet. XD I’ll let you know if I can think of any.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter *squeals* it looks so good! I like how you did the hair too, it’s flowy and soft looking. I think the expression suits her. It’s not a full out smile, which she doesn’t do often. Thank youuuuu! ❤
ooh, cat! He/she is sooo cute!!!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel @notawriter Cool! thanks!
@princessfoo Thanks so much for your input! No, Rin doesn’t fall in love with the soldier guy (his name is Jax). I’d rather not include romance in my novels. They become friends though. Just friends 😊
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
Oooh I just looked more closely at the second picture. Kiiiitttttyyyy! What’s his/her name?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter I totally feel you on drawing the mouth ten times…except it’s usually noses with me. 🙂
Awww you’re so sweet! But you are too modest. You’re drawing is brilliant! I love the sprigs of greenery. 🙂 🙂 🙂
-
PrincessFoo replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’m not an expert on dystopia, but it does seem like a fairly classic dystopian story.
An oppressive government (but bonus points for the MC starts off already in rebellion.) A teenage girl MC who is “different” (by virtue of being an Outcast, she is “different”). Parent’s with a Peculiar Past. And I am not sure, but if I had to…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â It sounds really cool!
The only thing cliche I see about it (putting it next to the video on Dystopian novels) is the fact that the main character is a teenage girl
I’m no expert on the Dystopian genre, so I might be worng…
But still, I would read it 😉
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Oh goodness… *cracks up*
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Andrew Murray On Prayer in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal Okay, cool!
-
Joy posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong Can you send me the link to your Ember doc again? It disappeared mysteriously…
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
oh, here’s a collage too…

-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 She was super fun to do! 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree @dragon-snapper @dekreel @mariposa @aratrea @sam-kowal @daeus @anyone else
Okay, y’all…..
I’ve gotten together a rough blurb of my dystopian novel. very. rough. Lemme know what you think:
Independent teen Rin Adachi lives with the Outcasts. Those tossed aside by the government and society as unfit for city life. The diseased, the…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
Happy Library Lovers month! (yes, it’s a legit holiday. seriously.) Library Lovers day is on February 14th! ❤
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel oh my goodness! 🤣
@notawriter lol, for sure
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd that’s okay, I would have said yes anyway. 😉
*gasps* so. good. I love the way you did her hair! thanks so much! and I really like how you wrote her name too 😊
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I never saw a sparkly bear; I never hope to see one; but anyhow or anywhere; I’d rather see than be one! 😀
@notawriter It wasn’t very hard to find an illustrator. I created a topic on the KP forum titled “Looking for an Illustrator” and got a few answers. I think it took a couple weeks before I got a definite agreement from s…[Read more]
- Load More

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M9wPbE-ElWr1tqtDjqACHUxumE_sj25pTx-bLkvwX7s/edit?usp=sharing
Here ya go! Unfortunately, the chat has broken somehow. So….yeah. But I finshed chapter three!