@daughteroftheking
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1156
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I wanted to say something…but I’ve been feeling like this too. I’ve been reading books like Half Upon a Time, The Ilyon Chronicles, and @hope-ann’s books. And the sheer incredibleness of their writing makes me almost jealous. I’ve wanted to write a fairytale retelling for years now, but I can never figure out how to write an original one. And…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong…you better not have been talking about rebels!!!!! if so…i will find you, and i will force you to build a time machine that will take you back in time and never write that so that I didn’t have to keep a spoiler from my sisters tonight
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Just a Bit… Dismal in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper Yes, it is indeed. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. (Also it’s a really good thing that Aislinn is me because if she wasn’t she would mutiny.) (I still can’t figure out whether to refer to her in first- or third-person.)
Thank you. I must read it. SOON.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart *nondescript mynock noise*
@notawriter YES PLEASE! Anyone who wants to draw Amber can do it! It’ll sure help my brain.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
Thanks, @daeus!
You know what? Funny thing happened today. I was actually thinking about trying to write this part, when lo and behold, the book my mom was reading to us (Prince Warriors) (awesome) had a scene where the kids were taught how to use their swords! So I have a rough idea of what the scene should look like.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
You know you’re a writer when your Pinterest account is 2% normal stuff like recipes and hairstyles, 15% funny things, LOTR, and Star Wars, and 83% You Know You’re a Writer When memes, cool names, inspiration pictures of your MCs, swordfighting tips, and lists of underused fantasy animals.
You know you’re a writer when you assure your siblings…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
oops, meant to tag you too @rochellaine
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice so sorry! I won’t be on tonight after all….:( will you be on tomorrow or the weekend?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Signing out now. But if anyone asks I might come back…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 You back yet?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Okay, bye! See you later!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice I got the idea when I watched a movie, and there was this girl I loved, who I thought was a main character, but then she ended up in despair and crying in her last scene, and the end of the movie – probably ten minutes – was without her completely! I got so mad and decided I could do a better than those horrible mean unfeeling…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
It’s always helpful to be alive
Wow.
Okay, I’m working on a short story set in the 50s. I’ve had it going for a while, but a few weeks ago I lost about a thousand words and got discouraged. I was listening to some 50s music on Saturday and was reminded of it, so I decided to try again. So far it’s going pretty well… 🙂
I re…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice When I’d missed you for several days I checked your profile, which said you’d been signed in recently, so then I knew you weren’t dead… 😀
But you still hadn’t posted in a week, which was why I messaged you. Glad you’re back!
I’ll be here for a little while – not sure quite how long – and I’ll probably be around again in about…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice argh, I wanna join you! But I can’t, I…..
……oh, wait…….
will you be on still in like half an hour??? if so, I’ll be on writing then.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Oh @seekjustice *squeals* you’re back! I missed you!
But wait…you posted nearly an hour ago. Are you still here?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
signing off….
-
Lin replied to the topic No, I'm not a movie writer, *points* she is…… in the forum Film 8 years, 7 months ago
Writing children’s books is definitely a long stretch from writing movies.
(somebody tagged me? squeee)
I have experience writing plays, but I’ve never actually seen my plays performed. 🙁
Writing scripts is honestly pretty similar to writing a novel, except with more dialogue/action stuff.
The only advice that I can give is watch a lot of…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 I…don’t like Han or dislike him in particular.
And I’ve seen a lot of posts for evidence for Kylo Ren and Rey, and it all makes sense.
My friends, just wait and see. *taps nose knowingly*
If not, then i stand corrected.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I’m now reading In His Steps, by Charles M. Sheldon, for school.
- Load More
